1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eagle Alloy Wheels - Good, Bad, Ugly

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Biff, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Apr 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    Biff

Biff [OP] What could go wrong?

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 Doublecab
    Bilstein 5100's all around, fronts set to 1.75, 18" Method Race Wheels, 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ
    Does anyone here run any Eagle Alloy wheels? Are they quality wheels? I am choosing between them and Pro-Comp. Looking for some feedback. Also, does anyone have any experience with painted black wheels in winter climates? Would you treat them the same as chrome wheels and take them off for the winter?

2. Apr 28, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I've got a set of Eagle Alloys.

Series 146 Polished
    [​IMG]

I bought my truck used with them on it. My experience is that they seem to be sensitive to balancing issues. Whenever I had them rotated and balanced, I had vibration issues. I wasn't sure what was causing the problem as it would go away with enough rebalancing attempts. Those tires were also slightly cupped, so I'm not sure how that plays into the problem.

I just got a new set of tires last week (Bridgestone Revo 2). After leaving the Firestone shop I noticed they were out of balance at 45 and above. Now extremely frustrated with this issue, I called the local Eagle Alloy rep to discuss hub and lug centric. The result was I bought new extended thread lug nuts to see if that would solve the issue. Nope. Took it back again for rebalance. Still bad. Again a third time and I made sure they used the Haweka (?) adapter to mount them on the balancing machine. The result was that the left front tire was .25 of an ounce off. Now they're smooth like they should be.

I like the wheels and the quality seems to be good. I just wish they were easier to balance, although I think that is more the shop's fault. The local rep was very helpful when I called him about the problems I was having and I'm glad he told me about the correct lug nuts to use.

3. Apr 28, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    Loiman20

Loiman20 Well-Known Member

Member:
    utah
    Vehicle:
    double cab long bed
    BFG All Terrains 265/75/16 bull bar guard nerf bars 2 inch leveling kit grillcraft sport grill "toyota" emblem
    I just got some eagle alloy 137's and they are awesome. No problems yet. I also do a lot of winter driving and they seem to be ok

4. May 5, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    Oregon TRD

Oregon TRD "GO DUCKS" Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Steel Panthers bathroom floor!
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mall Krawler
    6" Fabtech Lift, 35" Fierce M/T 17" Eagle Alloy Sim bead locks Naked girls in the bed 10.1" DVD head unit Two 7" Headrest Monitors PS2 in glove box
    I wouldn't trade my Eagle Alloys for nothin. I love em and they are worth every penny!

xtaco12_a5b99b8032a3fb5549f87be9cbf4fb4dd3dbefa8.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top