1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

one good thing out of my wreck...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jackwithcorona, May 6, 2010.

1. May 6, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    jackwithcorona

jackwithcorona [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Eastern Mass
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4
    bestop supertop, rubber bed mat, weathertech floor mats
    So last month i got into an accident, wrecking my front end a bit...

[​IMG]

The insurance company came to look at my truck, rated me for an entire new front end, including headlights, grille, and everything. it sucks that the whole front end is all clipped together so when one thing breaks, its all affected...
    The grille surround had some slight cracks in it:
    [​IMG]

So i brought my truck to a body shop near me, owned by a family friend. I trust this guy very much, no problem dropping it off. So after three days of waiting, I pick up my truck, looks good! I give it a once over at the shop, and then drive home. Once home, i notice that the grille hadn't been replaced. Now i know it wasnt any great damage to by any means, but i was paying for it with my deductible, so i called the shop and asked what the story was. to make a long story short, the body guy who actually performed the work didnt see the damage to the old grille, or the new grille in the box, and they offered me to bring it back and they would install it right away. They also offered me cash for the grille too if i wanted, and they would return it. I asked if they could get me a new color matched oem grille and call it even, and after a day or two of waiting:
    [​IMG]
    I am still depressed about having to pay the deductible and all the bs that comes with getting into an accident, but at least i got a future mod taken care of at the same time... and i had no idea where i was going to get a color matched grille, as most places stopped shipping them online.
    so now i just need an mx grillcraft and the old school toyota to top it off, but for the time being im going to black out the "T" symbol

2. May 6, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Just FY(and anyone else who's curious)I, any Toyota dealer can order you a color matched grille, and many will match the price of some of these online places if you take in a print out with the advertised price and part number.

When I grillcraft'd, I just ordered a color matched grille from my local dealer, who price-matched TRDParts4u. It was there in three days and couldn't have been easier.

This applies to any part in production. If I wasn't going to an aftermarket rear bumper, I'd be doing the same thing back there for color match.

3. May 6, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    I did the same thing. I was in the middle of a 3 car accident and used some of the money to get the AP bumper, and the rest to pay some bills.

Funny thing is, I didn't even think of doing this until someone said he did it at a meet. lol

4. May 7, 2010 at 4:12 AM
    jackwithcorona

jackwithcorona [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Eastern Mass
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4
    bestop supertop, rubber bed mat, weathertech floor mats
    Do you think trd parts has the cheapest price for a bumper?

Products Discussed in

To Top