1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3.4L TRD installation questions.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ChiefThickums, May 11, 2010.

1. May 11, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    ChiefThickums

ChiefThickums [OP] Scrub

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyson
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    Bad Ass Gen I
    6 in' Trailmaster, 33x12.50's, TRD supercharged, flowmaster, K&N. Used abused and put away wet.
    So I just changed out my trucks GEN I supercharger (grey model) to a newer Gen II Superchager. Everything works great except a couple things...

I got a 99 4wd 3.4. I followed the vacuum directions and triple checked the vacuum diagrams in the install guide but I still got some wierd things happening...

1rst I have a Rough Idle now. (I'm assuming from having mixed up vacuum lines)

2nd 4wd works but.... for some odd reason the dummy light in the dash quit lighting.. (It worked before the installation and now it doesn't wierd)

3rd The charger kit has a "dynamic tensioner" does anyone else have a problem with your belts squeling when they really stomp on it? (think i need to just change out the belt it is kinda old)

4th... The guy I bought the supercharger had a Auto tranny so thats the trottle cable bracket he gave me with the charger. I modified the auto tranny bracket to work for me but I'd like to get a hold of the manual tranny bracket if anyone has the extra backet laying around.

and 5th.. Also the guy I bought it from had a 7th injector which wouldn't fit my truck, so i sold the 7th but now I'm missing the 7th injector port blank plate... I made one but the stock one would be nice to have. so if you happen to have one of thoose laying around let me know.

Thanks
    :D

url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/80781/cat/500][​IMG][/url]

2. May 11, 2010 at 8:03 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    what are you doing with the old SC?

3. May 11, 2010 at 8:07 PM
    ChiefThickums

ChiefThickums [OP] Scrub

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyson
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    Bad Ass Gen I
    6 in' Trailmaster, 33x12.50's, TRD supercharged, flowmaster, K&N. Used abused and put away wet.
    I unloaded it on e-bay for 650. I posted it on here for a bit but there wasn't a ton of interest.

4. May 11, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    damn, i'm too late.

at least you sold it

5. May 11, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    ChiefThickums

ChiefThickums [OP] Scrub

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyson
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    Bad Ass Gen I
    yeah dude that sucks woulda worked out nice, I'm just up in San luis Obispo. Just watch out on Craigslist tho I just saw a Gen II in thousand oaks for 1200. And a Gen I in L.A. for $650 as is (i dunno what the "as is" was about probably not a good thing).

6. Oct 30, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    degraaf

degraaf Old School

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    '01 DC Limited TRD Tacoma
    Method Racing 16" rims, Old Man Emu 883 springs w/Nitrocharger front struts, All-Pro expo leaf springs w/bilstein shocks on rear, deck plate mod, gray wire mod, ARE cap.
    Curious if you figured out the rough idle issue at low rpm? Sounds like a vacuum line issue, which is exactly what I have going on with mine. I just got done installing it today and it runs great about 1000rpm but when it comes back to idle its sputtering.

Anyone have a picture of the vacuum lines on there set up? I'm looking for pictures for a 2001 Tacoma 3.4L auto 4x4 setup with the second gen (black)supercharger. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to splice the t-fitting into the vacuum lines on the drivers side, so I haven't done that yet.

7. Nov 13, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    ChiefThickums

ChiefThickums [OP] Scrub

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyson
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    Bad Ass Gen I
    If I remeber right after about 100 miles of driving my truck computer compensated for the the new conidtions and were back to normal idle its self. But if you need to see the vacuum lay out just look up the installaion manual online.

8. Nov 13, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    SPOTSONTROUT

SPOTSONTROUT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ROB
    SOUTHERN ONTARIO CANADA
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Stolen
    OME 882,DAKAR LEAF PAC WITH ADDA LEAF,285 TOYO OPEN COUNTRY MT,RACELINE RENAGADES,DECK PLATE MOD, MANUAL HUB CONVERSION
    I was just looking for that thing on e bay .... gone...

9. Nov 14, 2010 at 6:31 AM
    degraaf

degraaf Old School

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    '01 DC Limited TRD Tacoma
    Method Racing 16" rims, Old Man Emu 883 springs w/Nitrocharger front struts, All-Pro expo leaf springs w/bilstein shocks on rear, deck plate mod, gray wire mod, ARE cap.
    I figured my issue out the next day. I forgot to connect the pcv line. That's make a motor run bad all day long. I connected that and it purd like a kitten. Yesterday I added the URD 7th injector and 2.2" pulley and that seemed to really wake the sc up. I'm loving having this sc. Should have done it many years ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top