1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Firestone destination A/T's?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bajaracer, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Feb 24, 2010 at 6:15 AM
    red neck toy

red neck toy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    earle
    adams center, New York
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl lifted
    -3in toytech lift -33" x 11.5" firestone destination m/t -16" x 10" mickey thompson classic II. -cut and boxed in body mounts so no more rubbing!! -black headlight covers -anytime foglight mod -35%tint front -5% over stock on back -custom built bull bar -mossy oak camo seat covers -k&n cold air intake -tornado gas saver -dual straight pipes. only tacoma i've seen with them and it sounds really good. (but not if you dont like loud) lol.. soon to come: -black headlight mod -aftermarket grill -blacked out emblems -headers -new shocks and leafsprings - considering all pro front bumper
    ive got 285s mounted on 10in wide rims.
    i got my rims and tires for 800 so thats why i have those tires. i think theyre a great tire, ive never gotten stuck with them in snow or mud, and ive been through alot.
    they clean out really dood in mud and in snow theyre not bad considering they're wide mud tires. they're pretty loud going down the road but that doesnt bother me.
    they only problem i have with mine is i never got my camber set right so they wore bad really fast. the ones i had on the front were almost bald and the ones on the back still looked brand new, ive rotated them front to back now. other than my own dumb fault they're a good tire.

2. Feb 24, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    LEX

LEX --- --- --- - ----

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    100 Series LC
    I do. I might have another pic somewhere.
    b53ckj_e885eeacc9871ab4537d30d8c0aedce0e70a7354.jpg

3. Feb 24, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    rc51ny

rc51ny Well-Known Member

Member:
    I put the AT's on my Titan and loved em. New got stuck (lots of deep snow up here) and got a lot of miles out of 'em. I plan on getting a set for the Tacoma

4. Feb 24, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    Redsoxnation

Redsoxnation Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pa.
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD 4X4 Impulse Red
    none yet...
    Looks cool enough Thanks!!!

5. Feb 24, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    I've had firestone destinations a/ts on my truck for about a year and a half. Only complaint i have is wet traction on pavement if they were sipped this would help but we all know the ass ends of 2nd gens are super light to begin with. Everywhere else they perform very well and they are the lightest a/t you can get. i did see an economy drop but nothing dramatic.

6. May 15, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    Throttlebender

Throttlebender Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameron
    Cincinnati
    Do those 275s rub at all? Your suspension is stock, right?

7. May 15, 2010 at 11:31 AM
    l_prettyman

l_prettyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD Offroad
    these tires are awesome. quiet, amazing on road, average in thick mud and just an all around amazing tire. im running 265/70/16 and i wouldnt get any other AT

8. May 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    I realize the ass end of these trucks are light but I'm going to try REVO 2s next set of tires see if they do any better in the rain. I spin my tires all the time in the winter when its raining.

9. Jun 25, 2010 at 12:09 PM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    i got a set of firestone destination a/t in 285/70/17 yesterday. my local firestone
    matched tireteam.com for $131 a tire. with the taxes and fees total was $649, got
    a $50 mail in rebate (gift card), so total is $599. that is a great deal, i think. hopefully my icons will get here next week so i can get them on.

Products Discussed in

To Top