1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need HELP...Frontier brake/ABS issue

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by dee_bo, May 19, 2010.

1. May 19, 2010 at 3:39 PM
    dee_bo

dee_bo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport Tacoma
    None yet
    So I still have my 1998 Nissan Frontier and today the ABS light came on. Then under the brake pedal I find these broke plastic pieces. I got home okay and the brakes work but when I turned off the car and went outside I noticed my brake lights were on and won't go off. The pedal is not stuck and the lights are off.

I had to disconnect the battery....all the fuses were okay for the ABS. Anyone have a freakin clue what the F is going on. Here are what the pieces look like...any advice is appreciated. Luckily I can drive my 2007 Tacoma while I figure this out lol

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. May 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Moved to the GenAuto section. A Frontie is NOT a 2nd Gen...

3. May 19, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    dee_bo

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport Tacoma
    None yet
    But I own a 2nd gen too :D....sorry about that though lol

4. May 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    No worries- Hope someone can help you out.

5. May 19, 2010 at 7:58 PM
    dee_bo

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport Tacoma
    None yet
    Anyone?

6. May 20, 2010 at 6:26 AM
    dee_bo

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport Tacoma
    None yet
    this forum is just dead lol....I think it's the brake relay switch maybe but I have no idea what those pieces are....

7. May 20, 2010 at 9:18 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I wouldn't really blame the forum man....The majority of the knowledge here is Tacoma's and general. A kinda blurry photo of some pieces isn't going to get you very far.

Try a Frontier specific forum??

Products Discussed in

To Top