1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Daly: Chicago anticipating overturn of gun ban

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, May 20, 2010.

1. May 20, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Within the next five weeks the United States Supreme Court will rule on a challenge to Chicago's 28 year old ban on handguns. It's believed the court will rule that the law is unconstitutional. ABC 7's Paul Meincke talked with Mayor Richard Daley about what the city might do next.​

Read About It: WLS (Chicago, Ill.)

2. May 20, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    burnt_tiger

burnt_tiger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bakersfield CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab 4x4 longbed
    viper 5900 automatic start/alarm, pioneer avic-d3 indash gps UWS black truck box black tube steps, blue sea fuse block wet okoles console vault AFE oil free drop in air filter. hose clamp mod 5% tint Cobra 75 CB
    awesome...we have to pay to exercise a right spelled out in the constitution now...cant wait

o wait if you have to pay for it that makes it a privilege not a right...

3. May 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
  4. May 20, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    kilted1117

kilted1117 I smell corn

Member:
    First Name:
    Gophuk Yousef
    Valparaiso, IN
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma SR5 4dr Magnetic Grey
    Zippo.
    http://www.isra.org/
    Illinois State Rifle Asso.

We're doing all we can to get rid of these draconian laws but the damned libs, and they're all dirty cooked bastards BTW, are doing everything they can to make sure we're unprotected at all times. I live south of the city so it's not a problem for us but we're fighting to get conceled carry, too. I work in Gary, IN and have a PA ccw (IN reciprocates PA ccw) but at the border I'm supposed to pull over, unload, and lock up my gun just to finish the drive home or I can be arrested, fined, jailed, and have my gun privliges revoked. I hate this state.

5. May 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    bigburrito

bigburrito Local Man

Member:
    DuPage County
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD OR
    Demello sliders, fog lights anytime, 265/75R16 Duratracs, 60" HiLift, VIAIR OBA 2.5 gallon tank, FM Super 44, TSB springs, 5100s at .85, bent tailgate
    does this "liability insurance" law exist anywhere else in the country? would gun owners be forced to buy the insurance from the govt or the private sector?

ive heard talk of this before, but i do not beleive a law like this could ever pass. good luck getting people to continue to pay on a policy. and what is going to happen if people do not purchase the insurance? cops knock on your door to take your guns? good luck.

6. May 20, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    kilted1117

kilted1117 I smell corn

Member:
    First Name:
    Gophuk Yousef
    Valparaiso, IN
    Vehicle:
    Zippo.

"knock, knock" Guns? What guns? I don't own any guns. :spy:

7. May 20, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    28ØØ3

28ØØ3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    boss
    somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend B
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB SR5 4WD
    VatoZone Especial
    shouldn't the criminals have to buy the insurance? I mean, they are the ones who are going to need it. My insurance policy will be aimed at their chest

8. May 21, 2010 at 2:41 PM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Chicago Mayor Snaps at Reporter Who Questions Handgun Ban

Irate with a reporter's question on the effectiveness of the city's handgun ban, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley offered to give a first-hand lesson following the shooting of an off-duty police officer.
    "Oh, it's been very effective," Daley said, according to MyFoxChicago.com. "If I put this up your butt, you'll find out how effective it is. If I put a round up your … you'll know."
    Daley, whose comments came at a news conference on Thursday previously scheduled to discuss the city's ban and a pending U.S. Supreme Court lawsuit challenging the law, became testy when a reporter questioned the ban's effectiveness as the mayor held a rifle confiscated from city streets.
    Jacquelyn Heard, Daley's press secretary, later told the Chicago Sun-Times that Daley was somewhat exasperated because the individual asking the question -- a reporter from the Chicago Reader -- was "missing the point that unrestricted guns are a devastating issue" for the city.
    "To illustrate the point, he offered what admittedly could be considered a less than ideal example, but it's one that is a stark reminder of how destructive gun violence has been," Heard told the paper.

Thomas Wortham IV, a 30-year-old Chicago police officer who recently returned from a tour of duty in Iraq, was shot and killed Thursday when several people approached him outside his family's home and tried to steal his new motorcycle, authorities said.
    Wortham IV's father -- a retired Chicago police officer -- came to his son's aid and shot two of the attackers, killing one of them late Wednesday, police said. Retired police officers are allowed to keep guns.
    "This is a tragedy," said Chicago Alderman Freddrenna Lyle. "This young man survived two tours in Iraq, and came home and got murdered on the streets in front of his house that he grew up in. In front of his father, it's just unbelievable."

9. May 26, 2010 at 7:16 AM
    kilted1117

kilted1117 I smell corn

Member:
    First Name:
    Gophuk Yousef
    Valparaiso, IN
    Vehicle:
    Zippo.
    Well see what he has to say about this. My guess is that he'll blow it off without any comment.

80-year-old homeowner fatally shoots burglar

May 26, 2010 8:48 AM | 6 Comments | UPDATED STORY

An 80-year-old man shot and killed an armed man who broke into his East Garfield Park home this morning, police said.
    The intruder, who police believe had a gun, broke into the family two-flat in the 600 block of North Sawyer Avenue about 5:20 a.m., said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer John Mirabelli.

The resident was awakened by the break-in and confronted the burglar, Mirabelli said. The homeowner shot the intruder, who was dead on the scene, police said. The intruder was in his 30s, Mirabelli said.
    The homeowner and his wife, also in her 80s, were believed to have been unharmed.
    A weapon was found at the scene, Mirabelli said.
    Harrison Area detectives were interviewing the homeowner.
    -- Staff report

Products Discussed in

To Top