1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

D-Wreck's first Tacoma build!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by DWreck, May 23, 2010.

1. May 23, 2010 at 1:16 AM
    DWreck

DWreck [OP] Famous Retrieval Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Smurf Truck
    Plasti-dip paint, TRD S/C, MCM Fab LT kit, bunches of my fab
    This is all about my first Tacoma! I loved it so much I had to get another, but this thread is about the first build.

I started off with a 2007 in silver, double cab, long bed, 2wd, automatic. I listened to the wife and "settled"!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I shortly was irritated with the front mudflaps rubbing the ground as I ran my dogs on the powerline road behind me, therefore I slapped a 3" level on the front.

Before[​IMG]
    After[​IMG]

This looked quite funky so I mounted some 285's to the stock rims. Rubbed when bounced and cranked. Had to go to sticky wheels weights as the lip ones would just get ripped off by the lower A-arm.

[​IMG]

Paint matched inside of grille.

[​IMG]

I have a plethora more pictures of this truck but feel it is not worth my time to post all of them. This is about as far as I got with it anyway in the 2.5 years I had it. Also had a CB radio and PA speaker in it, which the PA came in handy very often, it was like a personalized horn! [​IMG] I will be starting a second build thread on my new 2010, keep your eyes out!

tacofront45.jpg
    tacorear45.jpg
    tacofront.jpg
    taco.jpg
    taco1.jpg
    taco2.jpg
    tacooffroad4.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top