1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Tacoma Ready to Lift... HELP!!!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Shamroq44, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Jun 13, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    Shamroq44

Shamroq44 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    I just bought a 2010 DoubleCab Tacoma and want to lift it a little, Nothing Crazy just 3" or 4" to fit around 33" tires or so... The kicker is I've never done this before and need advice and pictures of lifted trucks to see what i like. If anyone can help or advise i would appreciate it. I am going to use the stock 17" rims and BFG KO's but need help with type of lift and tire size.

IMG_0232.jpg

2. Jun 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Use the search function in the Suspension and lifts sub section , there is tons of info there

And Welcome

3. Jun 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
  4. Jun 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    ^^^ even better

5. Jun 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    Highsierra67

Highsierra67 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steller
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    Camburg UA's, Icons CO's, Bilsteins, and 3" Leaf lift, 33 BFG's
    I have an "09 Tacoma Sport, Grey... I have put the most inexpensive 3" lift on it to try and get 33" tires. Before you find yourself in la-la land about 33", and slow off camber crawls through the dirt - I have some things to tell you. Spacer lifts are indeed inexpensive-they will change your suspension geometry and really stiffen your ride. You may not feel it (as you've got the steering wheel), but your passengers will...! Blocks on the back. A standard spacer kit will give you blocks for the back springs - (fine) ... but there is a natural rake to the Tacoma that makes it's "look" dynamic. The rear blocks will "Level" the truck and will not be an equal 3" all-around. Do some research and make sure 3" front - 3" rear (not 2-1/2" rear) Okay. There will be half shaft vibration. Your new '10 is not "broke" so expect to have a slight vibration where the knuckles of the front IFS joints are racked against each other. It's not hit-or-miss... it's a guaratee, you'll have it. If I had it to do again - I'd leave it stock until 20k miles to let everything wear in - in the meantime - save for coil overs, Upper A's, and rear spring kit. At the moment I have $4k and I'm fighting the stock engineering with shims for the drive shaft, a diff drop kit, and terrible gas mileage with 285-70-17's. Is $4,000 and 16mpg worth it? I sometimes wonder!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top