1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Clarion DXZ585USB, Sounds Awesome.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mneuls, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Sep 26, 2008 at 1:02 PM
    mneuls

mneuls [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    I just installed My new stereo a couple of days ago, I just now have pics. Check it out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sep 26, 2008 at 1:08 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Looks great, especially your amp placement!
    [​IMG]
    It's a real nice upgrade from stock, first thing I did when I got mine. Enjoy.

3. Sep 26, 2008 at 1:13 PM
    mneuls

mneuls [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    The deck sounds great, It has very little noise due to it's 6 volt preouts, and it's crossover is really easy to use. I can store 8GB of mp3's and wma's on my flashdrive and never run out of tunes. I installed the pac steering wheel adapter, and I got to keep all the stock steering wheel controls, Although it is a bit laggy. I have all mtx speakers, something I was hesitant about puchasing, but the sound better than the alpine type R's I used to have in my car, and they were slightly cheaper. The subwoofers are mtx's tt65 10" subs, and they sound really great, they project quite far though, whick isn't a good thing in my case, st the woffer hits the back of rear seats, but that is only at really high bass level. I used my trusty Clarion 1000.1 Amp to power the subs, and A fairly new Alpine amp that I had bought for my car when I still had it. The sound from this system is VERY crisp and clear, even when listening to mp3's and the subs are loud enough even for a good techno song, and more than enough for rap or rock. I'm really impressed With mtx's speakers, and I would buy them again, especialy with their great warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top