1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gremlin in dash

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sdb2515, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Jun 21, 2010 at 10:07 PM
    sdb2515

sdb2515 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I'm new to the forum and Tacomas, having sold a Dodge Ram for my new-to-me 2007 SR5 TRD Quad cab, with a 3" lift and 33" tires. It is a great truck, and I see why people rave about them.
    My one issue is something I am having trouble diagnosing. At night, I get what sounds like intermittent interference from the dash. It occurs whether the radio is on or off, as well as if the blower is on or off. It only occurs on the same stretch of road where there are very powerful overhead street lights.
    My only guess is that it may have to do with antenna interference? I feel as though the radio reception is somewhat weak (lots of static). Am I crazy, or could this interference be attenuated by the powerful street lights on the highway? I assume the antenna is powered up, even when the radio is not turned on, but the truck is running. The antenna and radio are stock.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. Jun 21, 2010 at 10:51 PM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer Civil Servant

Member:
  3. Jun 21, 2010 at 11:03 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    ^^^^ haha ya no shit

but as far as the problem goes i have no idea man, if it is only in the same part of town then its gotta be some type of interference from outside of the truck other than that i have no idea sorry i cant help much

Products Discussed in

To Top