1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

drivers seat hurts my back

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by billfrombothell, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Sep 26, 2008 at 8:10 PM
    S_A_Aceman

S_A_Aceman KS National Guard

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    Air Cleaner mod
    The sport seats fim me like a glove. Im secure, and feel like Im part of the truck when I drive.I couldnt be more comfortable.

2. Sep 27, 2008 at 10:33 PM
    nagelg

nagelg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    I found the seats piss-poor for comfort. I bought a cushion and it helped. but then bought thick sheepskin covers and tilted tthe seats up in the rear by adding 3/8" of washers under the rear seat bolts...very comfortable now.

3. Sep 29, 2008 at 9:44 AM
    sabian

sabian Active Member

Member:
    northern michigan
    Vehicle:
    SR5 tacoma
    I have had the same problems weith the seats. The only thing worse than the drivers seat is the passenger seat with no lumbar support. The way i look at it the seats are just not designed well for larger or taller people. The seat back is to concave at the top so when you sit back tight in the seat your arch is off of the seat back. Buy a seat cushion though and it will make a world of difference. And after a while you will adjust to the seat as you break it in. May be some day Toyota will figure the seat thing out!

4. Sep 29, 2008 at 9:59 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    I had a compression fracture of my L1 vertebrae a few years ago, and as a result, my back is easy to get out of whack, but the seats in my Tacoma haven't been a problem. I think they're pretty damn comfortable.

5. Sep 29, 2008 at 10:12 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    From time to time, mine hurts... I simply adjust the seat back or forward until it takes pressure off... that and the lumbar support... Of course, mine is an '06 - but I am sure they are pretty similar.

6. Sep 29, 2008 at 10:38 AM
    williamss

williamss Active Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Projector halo headlights CCFL, Instrument panel (Blue Leds) Retrax cover pinstripping, SES chrome mesh grill, added led signal lights to mirrors, audio vox rear view camera. american racing rims.
    Heh guy!

I had back surgery, they fused my L4,L5.S1. What I found works for me is lumbar adjustment all the up and seat reclined on or maybe two clicks, You've probably tried this already but it works for me.
    Hope you feel better soon.

William

7. Sep 29, 2008 at 12:45 PM
    ldm

ldm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Black Diamond, WA.
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD Off-Road SR5
    ScanGaugeII, Undercover Tonneau
    the Tacoma seat fits relatively well, although I had to lean it back somewhat. In my home I have to use a pillow or some kind of support for the lower part of my back in order to deal with the lose of disks. My wife found a product that has really made a difference in the Tacoma seat. It's a wire and mesh fabric back support that supports the small of the back and conforms to the shape of the body. It has made such a difference that I can raise the back of the seat to a more upright position. I have an email address for the folks that sell this product if your interested. I have nothing to do with this product other than being a happy customer. I have the contact info off the sales slip, just pm if interested.

By the way, taking the wallet out of your pocket before drive is a very good idea.

P7010012.jpg
    P7010013.jpg
    P7010011.jpg

8. Sep 29, 2008 at 1:04 PM
    Taco's for All

Taco's for All Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake George, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab
    Nothing at the moment
    Seems like everyone is having low back issues with their Taco seats. I threw mine out about 3 years ago now and due to work and lack of leave I haven't been able to do anything about it. I've found my Taco seat more comfortable than most of the cars that I've driven, especially the Dodge Intrepid that I spend 8 hours a shift driving.

My problem is the head rest. I find the angle that it's at to be rather uncomfortable and find that I end up tilting my head forward when I drive putting added stress on my neck and shoulders. I'm only 5'10" and no matter what position I put the head rest, I cannot find comfort in it. Anyone else with this issue?

9. Feb 15, 2017 at 4:56 PM
    Dodester

Dodester New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma
    My back , Legg & hip hurt like crazy every time I drive my truck. I think I found a solution... anyone else?

10. Feb 15, 2017 at 5:49 PM
    Killowatt

Killowatt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    Do tell, after a Z71 for 17yrs, I'm having a hard time adjusting. I love the truck though.

11. Feb 15, 2017 at 6:41 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    9 year dead thread for a first post and no useful information listed? Nah, this isn't a suspicious account at all...

Products Discussed in

To Top