1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock speaker wiring problem

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by trtripoli, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jul 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    trtripoli

trtripoli [OP] lower management

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 4,0 L, 6M, Dbl Cab, TRD Off Road
    Eclipse AVN6620 JL 500/1 amp JL 13TW5 sub JL 300/4 JL XR-650CSi Mr Marv Box Blu tooth XM radio Back Up camera, RAAMmat and Ensolite everywhere but ceiling
    Let me give everyone somewhat of a background before I tell my problem. I've worked with half dozen cars before and never had problems with just normal stereo installation. I installed a new eclipse head unit close to 2 years ago on my truck with a external parrot Bluetooth component. It all worked fine. About a year ago I upgraded to a new sub with amp and a new amp to power a new set of front speakers and future power a new set of rear speakers.

But as I found out after I made all the upgrades, the Bluetooth is not designed to work through a set of aftermarket amp and speakers. There is a work around that others have figured out.

[​IMG]

So I did the work around and it didn't work. So I tried to figure out the root of the problem by going back to original setup where it worked. And now that didn't work, so I hooked up the OEM head unit to the original speakers and speaker wire and it no longer would play through the front speakers period. The rears still work fine with the old OEM stereo and the newer head unit. My guess is that since I had to splice into some wires I may have messed them up and a current is no longer traveling though the wires to the speakers or I may have jacked the plug up somewhere/somehow.

Anyone have any idea what may have happen to the wiring/front speakers not allow it to work at all? Any advice one how to pin point my problem?

2. Jul 8, 2010 at 11:53 PM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Why do you need a speaker to line converter between the Parrot BT Unit and the A/B switch? Does it have an internal amplifier? Please provide the model so I can look it up because I don't know how it's supposed to work.

3. Jul 9, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    trtripoli

trtripoli [OP] lower management

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 4,0 L, 6M, Dbl Cab, TRD Off Road
    Eclipse AVN6620 JL 500/1 amp JL 13TW5 sub JL 300/4 JL XR-650CSi Mr Marv Box Blu tooth XM radio Back Up camera, RAAMmat and Ensolite everywhere but ceiling

the parrot bluetooth was poorly designed, and would only play through the stock speakers. I noticed cause I tried the bluetooth and the sound would mute, I could talk, but I couldn't heard them. I researched and found this solution. I didn't think I would need the switch orginally. So I tried it without it, but the amp does not except two seperate signals. As soon as you send 2 singals, all audio goes dead. So you need something to automatically switch between the bluetooth audio and main audio.

My headunit is the Eclipse AVN6620 and the Bluetooth model is BTE600

Thanks for the help.

4. Jul 10, 2010 at 5:56 AM
    dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    I see what the intention here is. I understand the switch and it looks to me like that would work, it's a bit hokey but it would work I think. I think one or two things happened during your installation/reinstallation/rereinstallations and now you should go back to step one and install the stereo/amp/speakers you intend to use in the long term, find the failed connections to your front speakers and resolve this first.

You need to get this working before trying to troubleshoot your problem with the bluetooth. You could have a problem with the unit itself, or it is possible your LOC has an issue, even relays are not foolproof as the contacts can go bad in them.

If your sound was muting when the bluetooth unit activates, it sounds like the coil in your switch was working, you could connect a walkman or something with line outputs to the B side of it and see if that will play through, instead of what the Parrot was supposed to sending. This would virtually eliminate everything except your bluetooth unit and the LOC as a possible cause to your problems.

Take your time and think about eliminating possible causes as you troubleshoot. You will eventually find what the problem is.

Products Discussed in

To Top