1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NHSTA Concludes Investigation, Blames Driver Error

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jandrews, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Jul 13, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    jandrews

jandrews [OP] Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
  2. Jul 13, 2010 at 5:16 PM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    Yep, that is what I had been saying all along. Now when I look at the price tag of a new toyota I know who to blame; the idiots that buy them

3. Jul 13, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    skunk

skunk what did I miss?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudi
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 (STOLEN)
    YOU WILL BE MISSED Satoshi Grill, FX-R retros, husky liners, bed bolt d-rings, TRD short throw shifter, 2.5 Fox Coil overs, AP UCA's, AP Expo rear leaf with Fox 2.0 shocks, Extended SS brake lines, AP kick-out sliders, 265/75/16 on Konig Countersteers, AllPro Apex front bumper and Zip Ties.
    i just posted the same report from a different site.

Funny how no MAJOR news outlets are reporting or retracting the hype they started.

4. Jul 13, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Yeah, isn't that interesting?

Major media in this country is useless as tits on a nun.

5. Jul 13, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    Yep, it is funny. Toyota should give all those recalled cars back and smack those people in the head. Then sue the government so they don't have to pass the excess cost onto their *smart* customers

6. Jul 13, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    MotoTacoma

MotoTacoma Adrenaline Addict

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    14 Tundra TRD OR, 05 GX470
    tacoma sold 11/13/13 GX470 has 2” Dobinsons IMS w/JBA UCA, Baja Designs S1 ditch lights, more to come!
    why didn't this make national headlines for over a week??

7. Jul 13, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Because then people might start wondering why the media played it up as though there really was a problem and go "oh shit! They're LYIN' to us! It's all a big fuckin' scam man!"

Regarding the media, this pretty much sums up my thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ervtEdYckYc

8. Jul 13, 2010 at 7:19 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah, no shit...

i mean serriously, its not really toyota's fault for what people do in their cars. And any "stuck accelerator" problem on the road could easily be hindered by putting the truck into neutral. :mad:

lol,since this whole accelerator problem arose all my friends at school like to poke fun at me driving a toyota truck, and oddly enough no one else at my school has a toyota pickup, so its pretty easy to spot me :p most of them are guys in fords and GM trucks anyways i already know my truck will last longer than theirs :D

Toyota isn't the only company with this problem, look at this blog post i read awhile back, its a Dodge RAM that had a stuck open gas pedal and crashed.
    http://imimpulsive.blogspot.com/2010/01/stuck-throttle-accelerator-that-almost.html

9. Jul 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    It's all just fading away into the sunset. Just like the Tacoma gas pedal replacement recall that was supposed to begin in March/April. Haven't gotten a letter on that yet. But the Tundras are getting theirs done.

On that note, I'm surprised Toyota hasn't been sued for theft and destruction of property with their "orders" to dealerships to remove and destroy people's private property without the owner's permission (floor mats). I would have loved to have been in the dealership at the time of this altercation:

10. Jul 14, 2010 at 8:45 AM
    black_magic2010

black_magic2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD Sport DBL Cab
    Video on OP link is hilarious. If they beeped out every bad word would only hear a long continous beep LOL I like when he says "just cause you drive a f_ _king prius does not give you authrization to drive 50 mph on the hammer lane"

Products Discussed in

To Top