Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Alex's Long Travel Build

Old 07-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Alex's Long Travel Build

Specs:

Chassis
2000 Toyota Tacoma Xtra-Cab 4x4 V6
01-04 Tacoma front end conversion

Engine
3.4 liter V6 (5VZ-FE)
TRD 2nd gen Supercharger
URD 2.2 supergrip pulley
URD 6 injector fuel/timing upgrade(piggyback) with pump (Street tune by Gadget @ URD)
TRD headers
TRD muffler
Generic intake with prefilter

Exterior
Front glassworks unlimited fiberglass 4.5" flare fenders
Rear glassworks unlimited fiberglass 6.5" flare bedsides
Glassworks unlimited fiberglass scooped hood
1.75" DOM front tube bumper and aluminum skid plate with (3) 7" HID lights
Demello Rock sliders
Tuffbox lockable cargo box bolted down inside the bed
Roof/bed cage light bar Fully adjustable all on 1/2" heim joints
Cup holder Bed Sides
Fold Down light rack with (5) Spot beam HIDs

Interior/electronics
Pop up moonroof
Powerbass amp
Crimestopper paging alarm
Alpine S-Type Speakers
Kenwood Deck

Front Suspension
Total Chaos uniball long travel bumped and strapped 13" travel
Total Chaos heim joint steering upgrade
Total Chaos spindle gusset
Total Chaos secondary shock hoop
King 2.5x8 Coilovers with 600# Springs
Tundra axles

Rear Suspension (bumped and strapped 17" travel)
Bed Caged all DOM and Tig welded
62" Deaver custom race F-67 long travel leaf springs
Total Chaos 12" chromoly shackles
Total Chaos front spring hangers and rear shackle pivots
Total Chaos U-bolt relocation plates
Fox Pro Series 2.5x18 Triple Bypasses
TRD rear end with electronic locker (4.10 gears)

Wheels/Tires
(4) 15” KMC Enduros
(4) 32x11.5-15 BFG Km2s

Extras/Spares
(2) 15x8 steel spares with 332x11.5-15 BFG Km2s
Aluminum Jack with skidplate

Future/Ordered mods (No special order)
Total Chaos Coil Bucket gussets
Front triple bypasses
Co2 Tank setup
Fully Box in Frame
Engine Cage
Mastercarft or Corbeau Suspension seats
5 Point Harnesses
Rear Axle Gusset
Redo interior to match new seats
Maybe Ford 9" rear Not sure yet.
lowrance HDS-5 Baja Off-Road GPS Chartplotter
2m Radio

Pictures

Old 07-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
thats sick!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the purchase. That's an awesome truck!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. So far the only thing I've added were the rear bypasses. I need to go out and tune them in now
Old 07-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
Jizz
Old 07-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit, I hate when responsibilities like paying bills and having a family get in the way of blowing my money on my trucks. Nice truck though!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Dammit, I hate when responsibilities like paying bills and having a family get in the way of blowing my money on my trucks. Nice truck though!
I pay bills too. lol I actually own a home so i know all about bills too I have to work two jobs if I want to make this thing perfect.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
STravis's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is sick. I wish i had it.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
ninety8taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
ninety8taco's Tacoma Gallery
badass truck bro!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #10
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
looking good

can you post up a pic of the engine cage
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #14
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't done the engine cage yet. Thats in the future mods. I'm doing it the same time I do the interior cage. I was talking to a good fab guy I know and I think we are going to use the 4x Innovations cage as a platform and then build off it to improve it and make it "race ready".
Old 07-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post
Jizz
x2
Old 07-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #17
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck. Get some action shots ASAP
Old 07-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #19
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHAWK250 View Post
Nice man! How much travel u getting out back? Strapped at like 18"s? Curious cuz ur running 2.5"x18" out back
Its strapped at 17" I can adjust it to get a little more. Without the straps it pulls 18".
Old 07-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
So my wheels and Tires should be here this weekend or early Next week.
6 - BFG KM2s
4 - KMC Enduros
4 - DTC No questions asked warranties
6 - Mount and Balance
Shipped to my office
Everything with tax for $1900 and some change.
Not bad for everything but I will have to plant another money tree now and save.