Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Rpain's 2003 PreRunner Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Rpain's 2003 PreRunner Build

The Devil Taco

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
Automatic 3.4L V6 Prerunner
138,000 miles

Purchased for $13,000 with 67,000 miles July 2009.

Stance as of 6/11/13:

Current Mods

Performance:
Deck Plate mod
AFE Pro Dry drop-in filter
Flowmaster 40 dumped before axle

Front Suspension:
Bilstein 5100's at 0"
Eibach coils

Rear Suspension:
OME Dakar leaf packs
OME Nitrocharger sport shocks

Wheels/Tires:
285/75/16 BFG All-Terrain K/O
16x8 Moto Metal 951 Black

Interior:
Alpine head unit
2 8" Pioneer shallow mount subs in custom box behind rear seats
Pioneer 800W Amp
LED Dome/Map lights
Wet Okole seat covers

Exterior:
Devil horns by Andres
Factory black grille bought online
Plasti-dipped front and rear bumpers and side badges
Debadged rear
Used to have tinted tails.. too dark back to stock
Sock monkey bedside decals

Day 1

First Mod: Billet Grille
moar chrome plz

I had a Flowmaster 40 muffler welded on in place of the stock muffler.

and an exhaust tip for looks

Next I did the deck plate mod combined with an AFE Pro Dry drop in filter

Parents bought me an Alpine Head Unit and Infinity door speakers for Christmas

I then purchased 2 8" pioneer subs and an 800W pioneer amp from a fellow TW member in a box that fit snug behind my back seat.

Bought 2 4-LED Map lights (cool white) and 1 9-LED Dome light (red) from superbrightleds.com

16x8 Moto Metal 951 black wheels awesome graduation present

Few days later the Bilstein 5100's showed up in the mail, set at 2.5"

Got bored one afternoon so I purchased some VHT Nightshade and Krylon clear coat and went to town on my tail lights

Looked nice for about 3 years then started to peel off.

Wheelers 1.5 Inch Add-A-Leaf Kit and rear Bilstein 5100 shocks installed

Plasti-dipped my badges and grille. came out great. Also replaced the TRD bedside decals

Waiting for my TRD emblem to come in the mail to put on the grille

Wet okole seat covers. So comfy

At last 285/75/16 BFG All-Terrains

On go the Eibachs, Bilsteins back down to 0"

Plasti dipped the bumpers

Dakar Leaf springs and Nitrocharger sport shocks, way better ride than the stock springs with an AAL and 5100s. Dumped the exhaust

Future Mods:
A good list to leave empty
Old 07-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Toyota FTW
2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about

Name: Garrett
2000yota's Tacoma Gallery
clean truck man i like that color
Old 07-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks i like the color too
Old 07-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

CRfofiddyF's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good!!! You just got the 5100's??
Old 07-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #7

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRfofiddyF View Post
Looking good!!! You just got the 5100's??
i got the 5100's in may
Old 07-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #8
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Woho you made a build! Looks good man.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build, like the rims
Old 07-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #10

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
haha i had nothing to do the other night so i made one :P thanks david
Old 07-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #11
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I still have not made one, i want to wait to get a better suspension upgrade
Old 07-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #12

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
I think your truck looks awesome already. any opinions about painting my billet grille black?
Old 07-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #13
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Gay truck.

jk Ryan. Did you adjust the amp yet? I'll have time to kick it after tomorrow since summer school ends tomorrow!

THen I just have work.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #14

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
haha i honestly haven't adjusted the amp because i dont want to stand outside in the heat... but when i have some time ill play with it
Old 08-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #15
Mac Dad Junk Removal (1st business)
se7en_factors is on a distinguished road
se7en_factors's Tacoma Gallery
Your sub box

Hello,

I like the job you did with the subs. Wondering how they are holding up for you since some time has passed. Are they still awesome? Any install issues now that some time has passed?

Also, Did you have the boxes made or could you order them from somewhere? What did you do with the jack?

I too, have a double cab and your thread was the only one I could find on installing bass in the 1st gen double cab. Any insight warmly received and good on ya.

Sam
Lethbridge, AB
Old 08-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #16

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en_factors View Post
Hello,

I like the job you did with the subs. Wondering how they are holding up for you since some time has passed. Are they still awesome? Any install issues now that some time has passed?

Also, Did you have the boxes made or could you order them from somewhere? What did you do with the jack?

I too, have a double cab and your thread was the only one I could find on installing bass in the 1st gen double cab. Any insight warmly received and good on ya.

Sam
Lethbridge, AB
The subs are still holding up perfectly since the day i had them installed. The box was custom made and I actually bought it used from another TW member. My jack and all the other tools are inconveniently being stored under my passenger seat but I plan on mounting a tool box in the bed to store everything in.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #17
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good, Ryan!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #18

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
today just had sierra expeditions install my rear 5100's and wheelers 1.5in AAL
Old 09-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #19
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea! Great Lookin truck Ryan! Can't wait to see it in person

Products Discussed in this Thread