Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Zxbryantx Build start

Old 07-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
zxbryantx is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
zxbryantx's Tacoma Gallery
Zxbryantx Build start

I recently acquired a 99 Tacoma Xtra Cab V6 4wd 5spd. It had 85,000 miles on it. I traded a couple old cars I had and 3,000 cash. I have so many plans for this truck. I've already started my build with the building of a new front bumper. Here are a few pics of the process so far. Its not completely finished but started it 2 days ago. I mocked it up with cardboard. Today I finished tacking all the metal together. Going to finish welding the rest of it tomorrow. Enjoy... This is only the beginning. Plans for a rear bumper, rock sliders, lift, tires, wheels, and more.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
custom bumper! right on man nice! cant wait to see finished product.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #3

Heres a few more pics

Old 07-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #4

Finished welding and grinding it up, also added a hoop to the front. Going to cut out the blinkers for it tomorrow.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:32 AM   #5

Well finished up the front bumper last night. There are a few more things I want to do to it, but for now its on the truck and painted until I get it powder coated. I will be starting on the rear bumper today and hopefully it will turn out ok.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #6

So today instead of starting on the back bumper, I decided to start the sliders instead. I will probably have them finished up tomorrow. Here's a start on them.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #8
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
so sick! make me a tube wrap around rear bumper for my second gen!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Nice!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
very nice work
Old 07-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
Streamline will become famous soon enoughStreamline will become famous soon enough
Name: Tyler
Streamline's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome dude, keep up the good work!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #13
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
That bumpper is awesome i cant wait to start buildin mine! Good Work man
Old 07-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #14
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack

cmack's Tacoma Gallery
That bumper came out very nice! Well done!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #15

So I finished the sliders last night, I got them all painted but decided to hold off on welding them on the truck since I'm thinking I want to powder coat everything now. Today started on mocking up the rear bumper haven't really decided on how I want it yet. I made up a base to start from. I cut the back body down and plan on a wrap around bumper. I should have it all tacked up tomorrow if I can draw out what I want to do tonight.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #17

This morning got a few more things done to the rear bumper. Got the wrap around part almost finished, have to do a little more bracing under there. Started on the appearance of the rear bumper, trying to be similar to what I did in the front. I should finish all of it up tomorrow, hopefully it will turn out.

Thanks for all the comments, and I love this site. Ideas, helpful tips and lots of support.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #18
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Wow great work
Old 07-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #19

Got the rear bumper completed, got the sliders completed, and the front bumper completed. Lift is on the way. Wheels are in the garage, just need to get some tires. What else can I do/build?

Old 07-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #20
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack

cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Came out very nice. You should throw some bushwaker fender flares on there.