Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

01 tacoma chase/prerunner budget build

Old 07-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
01 tacoma chase/prerunner budget build

I purchased my truck in 2006 when I was 19yrs old. It had not performance parts just a custom bumper,4.5" glassworks fenders, and SAW 2.0 coilvoers, Deaver 7pack

Right after I got the truck I started doing little things. intake, catback, throttlebody spacer, tint, stereo.

Little over a year later I decided to Long Travel the front.

There were minor things I didnt like about the front end. So I changed those

I wanted the rear end done but knew I needed fiberglass.

Then I wanted to go faster and I got laid off from work so I decided to long travel the back of my truck.

First shock mount setup was a total fail on my part since I had no clue on what I was doing. A buddy of mine helped me out. Best he could since I was on a budget.

I hated the way the truck looked in primer black. SO I painted it.

1 week later I needed to break in the new paint at battle at Primm

With not being happy with out things turned out in the rearend I am slowly finishing/changing things.
Original

New

That is how she sits as of now. With the lack of money. I have some really big plans brewing in my head. Just need to get some things under control first.

Any questions feel free to ask. I may not reply right away since im not on here much. You can always PM or Pm me on another forum. TTORA, Customtacos, dezertrangers
Old 07-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
Toyota FTW
2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about

Name: Garrett
2000yota's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man. id love to be able to do all that to my truck one day. but how hard was it to get your bed off? i have to take mine off soon
Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, man! Nice and clean.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000yota View Post
looks great man. id love to be able to do all that to my truck one day. but how hard was it to get your bed off? i have to take mine off soon
Originally its 4 bolts and 2 nuts that have a coming down from the bed into the frame. You will have to disconnect the gas filler cause its somewhat attached to the bed. other then that. then 2 or 3 people just lift it off

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Looks good, man! Nice and clean.
Thanks.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
i work for the Empire
JustTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Crew Chief A/R
Name: justin
JustTaco's Tacoma Gallery
that is one sweet tacoma dude, love the look of 1st gen prerunnered out
Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #6

Thanks, she keeps me broke
Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #7
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Badass Bro!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #8
James3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJames3492 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
James3492's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to James3492 Send a message via Skype™ to James3492
sooo yeah i want to get one of these. soooo if anyone know wheres to get a first gen and yeah hit me up ha
Old 07-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #9

Thanks. If your looking for a first gen partly built check out Dezertrangers, Race-dezert classifieds. Sometimes theres some good deals
Old 07-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
looks good.if i read it right you bought it in 06 with the glass fenders????? if so how are they holing up 4 years later.i always hear that most of those fenders are kinda crap and crack pretty easy
Old 07-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
looks good.if i read it right you bought it in 06 with the glass fenders????? if so how are they holing up 4 years later.i always hear that most of those fenders are kinda crap and crack pretty easy
When I bought the truck it had 4.5" glassworks. I upgraded to 6.5" up front about a year ago. The 3years I had them on no issues. My Passenger side bedside is a different story. Its got spider cracks like CRAZY. But I cant complain knowing what the bedside when though before I installed it. It was on a buddies race truck that rolled at high speeds it was the only fender on his truck that didnt have a ton of damage. he sold it to me super cheap and then ordered me a new driver side bedside. I dont know how long he had it on his truck for im guessing a few years before I put it on my truck.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #12
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
ammmmazing!!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #13
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
had to bring this thread back up lol...your truck is sick and i saw it once parked at the walmart in chino
Old 06-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
Wow sick truck man that thing looks MEAN!
Old 06-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
had to bring this thread back up lol...your truck is sick and i saw it once parked at the walmart in chino
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorComa View Post
Wow sick truck man that thing looks MEAN!
Thanks!

Back in January i ripped the motor mounts from the frame so I had to rebuild those.Then a couple weeks back I got new bedsides. I got other things brewing in my head
Old 06-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #16
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Damn nice looking truck the paint looks good from what I can see. Keep it up man it's already bad ass!!
Old 06-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbm32 View Post
Damn nice looking truck the paint looks good from what I can see. Keep it up man it's already bad ass!!
Thanks, Paint looked pretty good figuring it was done in the garage. But i used cheap paint and it didnt hold up for crap. Pretty much faded and lost its shine already. Iv waxed and polished it a couple of times still didnt help.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #18
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks. Will you paint again or just leave it?
Old 06-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #19

Plan right now is to get it caged then paint. I don't see the point in painting then cutting up the body to run tubes though it. Then have to come back and touch up or repaint. So for now I plan to just leave it.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #20
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacorunner87 View Post
Plan right now is to get it caged then paint. I don't see the point in painting then cutting up the body to run tubes though it. Then have to come back and touch up or repaint. So for now I plan to just leave it.
i think i might have to check this truck out one day!!!