Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Sterling's 2001 Double Cab 4x4 Build Thread...

Old 08-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
Let the Madness Begin...
Sterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud of

Name: Ian
Sterling's Tacoma Gallery
Sterling's 2001 Double Cab 4x4 Build Thread...

Pic from 11/7/10:

Here is the current list of modifications...

Engine:
- TRD Supercharger
- TRD Drop-In Filter
- Deck Plate Mod

Exterior:
- Thule Bed Rider Bike Rack
- New OEM Painted Bumpers and Grille
- Relentless Fab. Hitch Shackle

Suspension:
- Bilstein Front Coilovers from All-Pro
- All-Pro A-Arms
- Wheelers 1.5" AAL
- Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks
- Wheelers Brake Proportioning Valve Bracket

Wheels/Tires:
- BF Goodrich All-Terrain 265/75/16

Awaiting Install:
- Zeitronix Data Acquisition
- Wheelers Rear Stainless Brake Line
- Wheelers Front Diff Drop Kit

Future Mods:
- Defiant Light Bar
- Lightforce 170s
- Rock Sliders
- New Tint
- Line-X

Cheers,
Ian
Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Let the Madness Begin...
Sterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud ofSterling has much to be proud of

Mod installs round #1:

Painted bumpers!! Finishing Touch in Fountain Hills AZ turned around painting my bumpers in ONE DAY! They look gorgeous and match perfectly.

Bumpers ready for install:

Front end before:

Chin FELL OFF!

Front bumper after:

Rear bumper before:

Rear bumper off:

Rear bumper after:

My Toyota dealer ordered me the wrong grille, or the front end would have been done. Now I have to wait until Tuesday to get the chrome gone!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:05 AM   #3
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome what kind of prep did you do on the chrome bumpers before you painted them? What did you paint them with? Thanks keep up the good work!!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #4
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
That looks really good! I want to paint my rear bumper black also.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
Let the Madness Begin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy2003 View Post
looks awesome what kind of prep did you do on the chrome bumpers before you painted them? What did you paint them with? Thanks keep up the good work!!
Thanks. I did not prep and paint the bumpers. I purchased new paintable bumpers from Toyota then had my body shop color match them. The chrome bumpers are now REALLY big paperweights in my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trd7 View Post
That looks really good! I want to paint my rear bumper black also.
Thanks. Painting over the chrome will not work out so well, but I have seen a few people put bedliner over it. I bought new bumpers and had them painted.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
ninety8taco is on a distinguished road

ninety8taco's Tacoma Gallery
My name is Ian and i live in Mesa. haha weird..
Old 08-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #8
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Those bumpers are freakin sweet! Good job on a nice truck!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #9
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Dude absolutely love the bumpers, match beautifully! You got a sharp looking truck! Keep up the good work can't wait to see more!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
Let the Madness Begin...

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! I got the grille mounted up last night. I will get good pictures of the truck once I get it all cleaned up this weekend. Here's a crappy cell pic to hold ya'll over!

Old 08-13-2010, 02:23 AM   #11
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! I got the grille mounted up last night. I will get good pictures of the truck once I get it all cleaned up this weekend. Here's a crappy cell pic to hold ya'll over!

Looks Good! I like the all black look
Old 08-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #12
Let the Madness Begin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Looks Good! I like the all black look
Thank you!! I just ordered my Bilstein coils, can't wait!!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #13
Let the Madness Begin...

Relentless hitch shackle arrived today!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #14
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
looks great, keep up the good work!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #15
Let the Madness Begin...

Just added All-Pros A-Arms to my suspension order! Excited to get the truck leveled out for now... I'll start collecting the rest of the suspension parts for when I finally decide on wheels and tires!
Old 08-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #16
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
the blacked out front end would look awesome with some blacked out hid's
Old 08-23-2010, 12:21 AM   #17
Let the Madness Begin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTacO View Post
the blacked out front end would look awesome with some blacked out hid's
I like where your head is at...
Old 08-24-2010, 06:21 AM   #18
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
love the grille looks good
Old 08-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #19
Let the Madness Begin...

A couple of boxes arrived today!!

Old 08-25-2010, 05:17 AM   #20
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
where is the hid projectors box?? jk