Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Mr.Matic "2002" DC/TRD 4cyl prerunner build.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #181
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Teaser. I gotsta get some sleep. Dayam!

Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #183
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Teaser. I gotsta get some sleep. Dayam!

Old 08-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #184
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Thx guys. I'm pretty much done with it except for tinting the driver and passenger windows. Atleast till I find a daily driver and sas this thing or just leave it a runner and add a sc. Oh. I still need some springs for the rear. Prob alcans.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #186
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thx guys. I'm pretty much done with it except for tinting the driver and passenger windows. Atleast till I find a daily driver and sas this thing or just leave it a runner and add a sc. Oh. I still need some springs for the rear. Prob alcans.
yea.... my AAL is going to shit
Old 08-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #187

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Will that snorkle help with gas milege?
I doubt it. I mean you are kinda force feeding your airbox some. I'm going to reset my ecu and keep some records and see how it goes.
Then there's that whole "drag" effect in the wind so if it does get a bit more mpg, it's probably offset by the fact that it's not very aerodynamic.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #188
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered adding a skewp to your snorkel to increase snorkeling?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #189

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Have you considered adding a skewp to your snorkel to increase snorkeling?
No. However I think maybe some "turbo" stickers would look really cool on it.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:11 AM   #190

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
New member to the family. Picked it up this morning.
"88" 4runner. 3.0, 5 spd, 4x4. All original with repaint and tires. Don't mind the fuscha stripes, gonna go back to some retro graphics in white or silver.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #191
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
plans?
Old 08-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #192

how much was she?

if you dont mind me asking
Old 08-31-2011, 09:02 PM   #193
Hoist Rider
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
New member to the family. Picked it up this morning.
"88" 4runner. 3.0, 5 spd, 4x4. All original with repaint and tires. Don't mind the fuscha stripes, gonna go back to some retro graphics in white or silver.

Nice Find!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:38 AM   #194

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
how much was she?

if you dont mind me asking
$2800.
I could have talked her down some. Gas gauge and speedometer dont work, but I can barely find a spot of rust on the truck anywhere.
Drove it to work (35miles rnd trip) a few times and it seems to run pretty good. The 3.0 has plenty of power. As a matter of fact I think its the same hp as the taco. 150hp. But it pulls harder being a 5 speed.

Looks like my sas on the taco is put off for the time being and back to dd duties. I can get an ifs eliminator kit and sas this for 1/3 the price I can for the taco.

only real plans are to get those lavender stripes painted, I'm getting to much shit at work for them. lol.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #195
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
How did you paint your wheels? I'm thinking about painting mine soon in black also
Old 10-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #196

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran View Post
How did you paint your wheels? I'm thinking about painting mine soon in black also
Washed the rims down really good and sprayed on some self etching primer. About 5 coats. Then another 5 of satin black.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #198

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
That is a sweet runner Rich!!! Very nice and great find!
thx man. Just put $200 in her.
5 quarts of royal purple synth and 75-90 royal purple in front and rear diffs, tcase and tranny. air filter, oil filter and the "85" fully trussed strait axle for the swap.
I'm diggin a hole brother, a deep, deep hole. lol.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:57 AM   #199

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
That is a sweet runner Rich!!! Very nice and great find!

lol. Wait. the pre or the 4? there both money pits. hehe.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #200
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
What size of KC lights are you running? I've got an AP bumper coming in and I'm looking for lights. Wanted to go IPF 968's, but they're listed as 7" lights and 6" in the max per AP's site.