Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Mr.Matic "2002" DC/TRD 4cyl prerunner build.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #201
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirkpatrick View Post
What size of KC lights are you running? I've got an AP bumper coming in and I'm looking for lights. Wanted to go IPF 968's, but they're listed as 7" lights and 6" in the max per AP's site.
I think they are the 6" kc slims.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #202
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, that's what I figured. Got a set priced out, just waiting for the bumper and OME lift kit to arrive. Great job on the truck - do you have any inside pics of the rocker switch for your lights and the CB install? I'm kind of using your build as a template, so to speak.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:44 AM   #203
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try and get some later today. Nothing special. I put the switch in an empty access slot next to the 2 air conditioning vents on the center bezel. Worked out great. CB in the ashtray slot.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #204
renocountry is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
renocountry's Tacoma Gallery
dude your truck is so awesome
Old 04-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #205
renocountry is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
renocountry's Tacoma Gallery
so i have a rear locked on my truck whats the difference with the non slip locked u got. remind you i am new to the taco family
Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #206

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by renocountry View Post
so i have a rear locked on my truck whats the difference with the non slip locked u got. remind you i am new to the taco family
Thx!!

I'm guessing your reffering to an "e-locker"?
The powertrax no slip that i installed is "full time". No button to push as the 4 cyls never came with the option of an e-locker.
Works quite well. Also there is no "ratcheting, popping, or any noise issues with the powertrax no slip ccompare to other conventional "lunch box" type lockers.

I have rocked it in several types of conditions.
Mud, rocks, snow, gravel and daily street use. Works awesome with zero problems. Think i have close to 40k on it now.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #207
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Is your toolbox the slim kobalt from lowes?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #208

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBran View Post
Is your toolbox the slim kobalt from lowes?
Its from lowes, not sure if its the slim. I didnt like it at first because of the angular cuts on the bottom. I really wanted it "squared" but couldnt find anyone that made one.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #209
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you have any other pics of it? I was just looking at one at lowes. It was only 12" deep which I like since the DC bed is already small. But didn't like that it measured 61.5" and the bed is like 59-60? Does it hang over a lot?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #210

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Not with me no. I'm at work currently.
It only has about half an inch overhang i think on either side.
i can take some pics in the morning and post them. Ive been meaning to post up some newer pics but it pretty much looks the same....only dirtier :0
Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #211
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
Re-read your build journal and I didn't see anything on your 1250 watt inverter install. Any links?
Old 04-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #212

That would be awesome then I can decide if I should grab one. Thanks man!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #214

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Nice set up Mitch. Love the runner, can't wait to see where it goes...
Thx.
4runner was sold months ago. Barely had time enough to drive it let alone mod it like I wanted.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #215
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
3in lift w/ MB V drive rims. First mods. Dunlop AT's
I was about to ask how the hell did you fit your street bike in their cuz mine won't. Then i realized you don't have a tool box
Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #216

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
I was about to ask how the hell did you fit your street bike in their cuz mine won't. Then i realized you don't have a tool box
Yea. Ive got a toolbox and a tiregate now, so def not hauling and bikes anymore.
The R1 got stolen a few years back and the bug hasn't hit me again yet.
However it fit pretty good at the time and i used to haul it back and forth from sc to ind several times a year.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #217
P-Troll'r
zadeer is on a distinguished road

Name: Brendan
zadeer's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to bring up an older thread, just wanted to say awesome truck! Searched for some builds with the 2.7 liter (for my build-2.7 5spd access 4wd) and this one popped up. Glad to see you like the 4.56, I have the 4.30's and was considering 4.88's. After reading your build it looks like the 4.30 will push what I want (33's/plate bumper/topper) ok. And that locker, exactly what I was looking for! Again, awesome, detailed build. Lots of motivation here, this one should be stickied as it answers TONS of questions for first time Taco owners!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #218
redtacotoy is on a distinguished road
Name: hernandez
redtacotoy's Tacoma Gallery
where did u get this bumper
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #219
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Yea. Ive got a toolbox and a tiregate now, so def not hauling and bikes anymore.
The R1 got stolen a few years back and the bug hasn't hit me again yet.
However it fit pretty good at the time and i used to haul it back and forth from sc to ind several times a year.
Thats rough bro, i haul mine with a trailer, but i had to pick my brothers up because his fuel pump went out on the highway, we had to put the rear end at an angle and it barely stayed in.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #220

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadeer View Post
Sorry to bring up an older thread, just wanted to say awesome truck! Searched for some builds with the 2.7 liter (for my build-2.7 5spd access 4wd) and this one popped up. Glad to see you like the 4.56, I have the 4.30's and was considering 4.88's. After reading your build it looks like the 4.30 will push what I want (33's/plate bumper/topper) ok. And that locker, exactly what I was looking for! Again, awesome, detailed build. Lots of motivation here, this one should be stickied as it answers TONS of questions for first time Taco owners!
Thx man.
I have a few other mods. I need to update pics and stuff.
m8000 warn winch. with remote.
Safari Snorkle.
And a few others.

Just finished a 1400 mile round trip to indiana for the holidays. Still getting 18-20 mph depending on my driving style.

Appreciate all the great comments from everyone. Thank you.

Latest pic from this weekend.