Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Mr.Matic "2002" DC/TRD 4cyl prerunner build.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #21
www.tacomaworld.com
Spyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to behold

Spyro's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Good Man!!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #22
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
dude. that bumpers hella sexy!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:36 PM   #24
04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: kyle
04prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I also have the rare tacoma! I have the same setup you do except mines the red impulse pearl. 2004 dcab prerunner trd 4cyl. this particular tacoma is hard to find
Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 PM   #25
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04prerunner View Post
I also have the rare tacoma! I have the same setup you do except mines the red impulse pearl. 2004 dcab prerunner trd 4cyl. this particular tacoma is hard to find
I think I saw a thread with some of your pics of it. I have only seen one other besides these two. The trd with the 2.7 is hard to find.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:03 PM   #26
cankel is on a distinguished road
cankel's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck, and even better mods. hey would you mind posting a picture of the engine, ive never seen a DC with the 4cyl. engine
Old 09-01-2010, 12:12 AM   #27
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cankel View Post
sweet truck, and even better mods. hey would you mind posting a picture of the engine, ive never seen a DC with the 4cyl. engine
Sure. It's a bit dirty but I'll see if I can get one up soon.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #28
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
That is a nice front bumper. Where did you get it from and how much did it cost? I like it because, IMO, it's a cross between a baja bumper and a crawler bumper.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #29
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind. I just realized that's an All Pro Bumper. For some reason it looks different from what I remember. I think the top hoop is more of a 45* angle then what they used to be. I remember they used to have more of a 90* angle.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #31
04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: kyle
04prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
whats up buddy, glad you found that old thread of mine!! but man im loving the truck! I honestly am really thinking of buying a locker like you did. Im sure it really helps our 2wd's alot

how much did you pay for it??
Old 09-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #33
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man
Old 09-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #34

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Daddy picked up some new shoes. Didn't really need them other than they are more aggressive than my dunlop at's. Got 5 285/75/16's I think thats a 33.11.9 equiv?

Anyway.....DAMN!! My truck seems to ride a whole lot better. Mind you, I'm a 2.7 pre runner 4x2 with stock 4:56 gears and it seems like 33's were made for this gearing. No lack of power whatsoever and if anything it seams like I have gained something in the way of getting up to speed quicker. It's like a perfect match.
Very, very minor trimming of some plastic which my tire guy was happy to do and finally got my allignment in after 2 yrs of driving with my lift. lol.
4 tires mounted and balanced and a full size spare and a front end allignment for $1100 and some change.

Hows it look compared to the dunlops? It rides really smooth!!

And with a lil coaxing.......the lil 2.7 will even lite em up on slick concrete garage floors. lol.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #36

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04prerunner View Post
whats up buddy, glad you found that old thread of mine!! but man im loving the truck! I honestly am really thinking of buying a locker like you did. Im sure it really helps our 2wd's alot

how much did you pay for it??
Not sure. I think it was $450 and change.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #37

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird773 View Post
nice ride boss. so how do you like the pro bumper? does it make the front sag at all??
Bumper was $499 + $150 to ship from corona to greenville. Awesome deal!!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #38

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Added tires on friday. Took the fender flares off today and headed up to the mountain to get a few shots and measurements for RR travel. Stuffed em pretty good.
I think I like the fender flares off. What do you guys think?

Old 09-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #39
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
I like that last picture ^
Old 09-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #40

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Nice man!! You will push that thing at Uwharrie
Noooo. Don't wanna break nuttin. Might have to walk home!!