Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Mr.Matic "2002" DC/TRD 4cyl prerunner build.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #41
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Doe's Uwharrie require cb's?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #42
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
hey i like how the bumper turned out on your truck. i remember the PM you sent me a while back askin me about my AP bumper. i glad you pulled through.

maybe ill see ya on the trails some day. speaking of which, there is an event comming up in early november called "Southeast 4runner Jamboree 7" aka (SE4RJ7). its being organized via TTORA. i use TTORA most of the time for events and info. TW is for havin fun on the forums but hey,

check it out sometime

GA chapter
http://www.ttora.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93

NC chapter
http://www.ncttora.com/forum/index.php

p.s. thanks for the offer for the 5-star stock wheels. i might take you up on those and keep it in mind.

-Jon
Old 09-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #43
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jon.
I had an image of what i wanted the truck to look like and how i needed it to perform. When i stumbled upon your build, it was pretty much the look that i had in mind except it was in full color and not in pencil and computer sketches.

Your truck was quite the inspiration for my build.

I'll check out the links.
when are you coming back down south? I think i may head home to indiana this weekend if i don't make the URA meet.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #44
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

Name: joe
01taquito's Tacoma Gallery
real nice truck. im hoping to get the same locker after i get new tires. been hearing only good things about power traxx
Old 10-16-2010, 03:38 AM   #45

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Thx Joe.
been thinkin of new mods. May try and get a cb in it soon. Need to add a few pics of my deckplate mod in here. Thx everyone for the great comments. Been outrun alot of time into my samurai lately trying to get it up and running.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:01 AM   #46
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
lookin good on the build man . are you still runnin the front signals flopping around
Old 10-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #47

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
lookin good on the build man . are you still runnin the front signals flopping around
Yea. There still there. I have em wire tied and surprised they still work.
Need to go to the yamaha dealer today and look around. See what they got. Most all bikes have em on stalks but there's a few flush mounts that look like they may work. I'm going to try and mod them into the 2 little plastic pieces in the grill that look like vents.(fake). Just havn't messed with it much since they still work.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:51 AM   #48
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Yea. There still there. I have em wire tied and surprised they still work.
Need to go to the yamaha dealer today and look around. See what they got. Most all bikes have em on stalks but there's a few flush mounts that look like they may work. I'm going to try and mod them into the 2 little plastic pieces in the grill that look like vents.(fake). Just havn't messed with it much since they still work.
i mounted mine up in the corner lights . looks good and there is enough slach to mount them up there and still pull the light housing out . i gotta get pics up of it
Old 10-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #49

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at that idea as well. When you say "slack", your talking about the turn signal wiring harness, correct? It looks like there is enough there to just pull on up and maybe drill a new hole in the back of the headlight and mount it right in.
That looks very doable to be. If you get a chance this weekend, throw up some pics in here for me.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #50

Quote:
I was looking at that idea as well. When you say "slack", your talking about the turn signal wiring harness, correct? It looks like there is enough there to just pull on up and maybe drill a new hole in the back of the headlight and mount it right in.
That looks very doable to be. If you get a chance this weekend, throw up some pics in here for me.
yeah i was takin bout the turn signal harness. ill get some shots up in a few hours and toss them in my build thread and post a link from ttora
Old 10-16-2010, 05:03 AM   #51

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
yeah i was takin bout the turn signal harness. ill get some shots up in a few hours and toss them in my build thread and post a link from ttora
Perfect thx.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:04 AM   #52

Quote:
Perfect thx.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #53
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Hey haus I love your truck. I really wish my 2.7 was a 4 door. Not really of a fan of the 1st gen 3.4's so yours is perfect in my opinion. Haha.

I would leave the flares just because they save your paint especcially if your considering off road use and what not. Try getting some gloss black spray paint and putting 3 or 4 light coats on them and see what you think. They will look much better I think you will want them back on your truck.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #54
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks Jon.
I had an image of what i wanted the truck to look like and how i needed it to perform. When i stumbled upon your build, it was pretty much the look that i had in mind except it was in full color and not in pencil and computer sketches.

Your truck was quite the inspiration for my build.

I'll check out the links.
when are you coming back down south? I think i may head home to indiana this weekend if i don't make the URA meet.
hey sorry i didnt catch your response until now.

im happy my truck could be inspirational for you! i like yours alot man.

ill be heading to the tennesse South East 4 Runner Jamborie in early November. i dont know how well my truck will do but ill give it try. what do mean head down south?? im in the south man! hahaha Valdosta is pretty far south
Old 10-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #55

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post

ill be heading to the tennesse South East 4 Runner Jamborie in early November. i dont know how well my truck will do but ill give it try. what do mean head down south?? im in the south man! hahaha Valdosta is pretty far south
Oh. I thought for some reason you were in indiana at school?
eh... anyway. Off to work. bleh .
Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #57
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Awesome pics!! There just HUGE :mindexplosion:
Quote:

Info plz???? bc if enough Tw'ers come I wouldn't mind showing up
Old 11-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #58

I. Hate. Spiders.

But BADASS pictures!!! i feel like our trucks are the best on TW

not trying to be too conceited but its the truth!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #59

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I. Hate. Spiders.

But BADASS pictures!!! i feel like our trucks are the best on TW

not trying to be too conceited but its the truth!
I used photomatix to render the fake slr/hdr images. i wish I had a good slr camera but i'm stuck with this shitty 7.2 meg cybershot. I'm envious of the guys that post up with there camera rigs and know when, where and how to take a picture.
And once again Tacomarroto.... thx for the inspiration.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #60

hey man. we all have trucks that inspire our own. imitation is the best form of flattery

hopefully, we can wheel together sometime and get some shots