Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Mr.Matic "2002" DC/TRD 4cyl prerunner build.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #161
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Looks so good!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:00 AM   #162
DAMNDUKE is on a distinguished road
Name: Duke
DAMNDUKE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Powertrax No-slip Locker.
Took me about 8 hrs to install this last weekend. Hand tools. no air/no impact.
hey i have a 2002 tacoma sr5 4x4 extended cab. that locker would work on my truck as well right? i dont know if double cabs have the same rear end as the extended cabs. where did you get it from? nice truck to btw very sharp!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:19 AM   #163
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMNDUKE View Post
hey i have a 2002 tacoma sr5 4x4 extended cab. that locker would work on my truck as well right? i dont know if double cabs have the same rear end as the extended cabs. where did you get it from? nice truck to btw very sharp!
Yup. I believe it will work. NON TRD's are 8.4 (although I think the ring gear actually measures 8"). There was some issues regarding mine because it's actually a TRD in 2.7, auto config.

I ordered mine thru my local Jeep 4x4 shop and the actual Richmond gear plant where it came from is like 30 mins down the road.

Thx for the compliments guys!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #165
tacomamaniac is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
tacomamaniac's Tacoma Gallery
Expecting your OME shocks????
Old 08-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #166
Quote:
Yup. I believe it will work. NON TRD's are 8.4 (although I think the ring gear actually measures 8"). There was some issues regarding mine because it's actually a TRD in 2.7, auto config.

I ordered mine thru my local Jeep 4x4 shop and the actual Richmond gear plant where it came from is like 30 mins down the road.

Thx for the compliments guys!
How much you pay for it mind me asking?
Old 08-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #167
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
How much you pay for it mind me asking?
I got one too, i payed $430.00 shipped to my door from www.rocky-road.com
That was the cheapest price i could find on it.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #168
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys, I appreciate it! I think I'm going to order one in a few weeks.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #169
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Yup. Mine was picked up. $420.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #170

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys, I appreciate it! I think I'm going to order one in a few weeks.
I see your in NY. You might want to opt for an lsd or selectable locker. Things can kinda get squirelly in the snow when your locked full time. Mine is very controllable with the 2.7 however the rear end has gotten away from me a couple times when we had some snow this past winter. Might be something to think about.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #171
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
Rich, your truck has really pulled ahead of mine! hahaha the winch is sick man

question. what paint did you use for your wheels because that black is badass... iv been wanting to paint mine for the longest time but have been haunted by the amount of upkeep im anticipating with cips, scratches, ect...
Old 08-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #172
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

question. what paint did you use for your wheels because that black is badass... iv been wanting to paint mine for the longest time but have been haunted by the amount of upkeep im anticipating with cips, scratches, ect...
Old 08-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #173

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post

I didn't really anticipate that the paint would last actually. I just wanted to see what it would look like if it were powdercoated. I just scuffed em up a bit and used some self etching primer (5 coats) and flat black (5 coats).
I'll see how long they last and I keep a spare can in the tool box. If they dont last that long, I may just either buy 5 new ones in black (same style) or have these powdercoated.

I have a few new dents from a wheelin trip up north during the 4th of july that I need to have taken care of as well.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #174

awesome. sounds like a good amount of paint on em.

well your pictures with the painted wheels are really persuading me
Old 08-16-2011, 12:53 AM   #175
Quote:
I see your in NY. You might want to opt for an lsd or selectable locker. Things can kinda get squirelly in the snow when your locked full time. Mine is very controllable with the 2.7 however the rear end has gotten away from me a couple times when we had some snow this past winter. Might be something to think about.
mine rear end gets away from me all the time in the winter, but i kinda do it on purpose haha. i see the arb air locker is like $900 or something like that. i generally drive in the snow in 4wd unless im trying to drift then i take it out but ill be alright. also kind diggin your front bumper, might have to get me one of them to
Old 08-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #176
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Rims looks great. I used some high temp flat black on my hubs after I sanded off some surface rust.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #177
aferalhamster is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Saber Gunner 0352
Name: Luis
aferalhamster's Tacoma Gallery
I see you have some trouble in the snow with the no-slip. How does it handle rain?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #178

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aferalhamster View Post
I see you have some trouble in the snow with the no-slip. How does it handle rain?
The snow is not even really a problem. It actually performed quite well last winter when we got a good 6 inches overnite. I'm sure without the locker I would have never made it up into the addition where I live.. It's very controllable. It's not like you have a 500hp posi muscle car. You just have to be a little more aware that your light in the rear end. An aggressive at/mt will help keep it pinned to the pavement.

Rain? I have a 2.7. It will barely break traction. Lol.
No problems in the rain at all.

Where it matters is in the dirt/rocks/mud/loose gravel and such.
that's where it shines.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #179

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Snorkel is comin today. Wont get it on till tommorow.
Updated "better" pics of winch, painted rims, tiregate, snorkel and OME's front and rear up by friday.

Truck really rides 100% better with the new shocks. And even the weight of the tiregate and spare sitting further back kinda evens out the lift a tad and smooths out the ride. Really impressed!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #180
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
slackin on pics yo