LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Mr.Matic "2002" DC/TRD 4cyl prerunner build.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Mr.Matic "2002" DC/TRD 4cyl prerunner build.

I thought I would go ahead and start my build page, and my story.

I have somewhat of a rare girl from what I understand.

"2002" Toyota Tacoma
It has the TRD Off road kit, SR5 Package, Doublecab in Black Sand Pearl.
And.....it's the 2.7 litre 4 cyl.

Recently I lived less than 1/16 of a mile from work. 90% of the miles on this truck are the many 1200 mile trips back home to indiana, round trip.

I bought it the day after they delivered it to the dealership here in greenville,sc. It was 2 days before Christmas and I was due to be home in indiana the next day. I had an "89" jimmy with the 4.3 and 4x4 that I bought from my grandmother that had 42,xxx original miles. The Jimmy blew both front brake lines as I was backing out of the parking lot to head to indiana. I had no other choice but to go to the dealership.
I made pretty good money and at 34 yrs old I had never, ever had a new vehicle.
There she sat at 22k and change. And inside on the dealer floor was some type of special edition Walker Evans Tundra in a deep red or brown. I cant even remember. at $35k.
This Tacoma was driven it's entire life on the street. Never off road....until now.
So.... Here I am with the same truck. My very first Brand new truck which has never been modded before this past year or so and I am getting the itch to do even more. I have kept her as a daily driver and bone stock with 73,XXX on the clock now.
The only thing being done to her prior to this year was 1 new set of shoes, (dunlop A/T's) and a set of MB drive rims with a full size spare and rubber for it.
I am very, very proud of it and I still get compliments.
Most of my other hobbies....Guitar, fishing, hunting, camping, motorcycling, females, bfvn and other online gaming are on hold for a bit and I wanted to treat my truck to some special things. So let the mods begin.

16in MB drive rims.
285/76/16 BFG AT
Front lift: OME 881 coils/OME Nitrochargers
rear lift" Toytec Tac3 AAL/OME Nitrochargers
Powertrax no-slip rear locker.
48in Hi-lift jack with lockmount.
1250 watt inverter.
Deck plate mod.
gps/radar.
All Pro Front tube bumper.
Warn M8000 with wireless remote.
85'/38 in Amsteel blue synth line. Custom thimble and hook.
All pro front tube bumper.
Tiregate spare tire carrier/FS spare.
Safari Snorkle.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
3in lift w/ MB V drive rims. First mods. Dunlop AT's
Old 08-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #3

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
This was the day I drove her off the lot. DEC 23. 2001
Old 08-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
This was the day I drove her off the lot. DEC 23. 2001
Wow so your the first owner? I would die for your truck lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #5

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #6

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Wow so your the first owner? I would die for your truck lol.[/quote]

Yup. First, same and always will be. I cant ever see getting rid of this truck.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #7

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Some goodies for the rear and recovery stuff.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #8

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Powertrax No-slip Locker.
Took me about 8 hrs to install this last weekend. Hand tools. no air/no impact.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #9

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered an All-pro tube bumper for the front!!! 7 days shipping. whew. good Lord.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #10
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
powertrax No slip

Do you have any lessons learned/pointers on this install?

I like your truck, the black with the chrome is good looking and I don't normally like chrome, but it looks good with the black
Old 08-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #11

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRP27 View Post
powertrax No slip

Do you have any lessons learned/pointers on this install?

I like your truck, the black with the chrome is good looking and I don't normally like chrome, but it looks good with the black
Sure.
The Powerstrax no slip is farely simple to install. It's a full locker so whenever acceleration is applied....it's locked.Balls up, both wheels get traction.

Use plenty of pb blaster or other lubricants/breakers for stubborn bolts.
Have a vice, impacts and air handy.
It took me a lil over 8 hrs to do it the first time with very little mehanical ability. I think I could do it at what the local 4x4 shops charge. 3 hrs.

Take your time. Be thorough.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I have the powertrax no slip on my list of Mods I want to do
Old 08-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #13

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I can honestly tell you this. I have climbed more hills, been thru more mud. adventured into more places. Looked and climbed rocks, ruts, gravel, whatever more times since I have installed this Powertrax than in the almost 11 yrs I have owned this truck.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #14
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build. I'm with you in that I'll never get rid of my truck either. my wife is the original owner, only had it a few months before we met. I've said before, I'm gonna drive it until the wheels fall off and then I'll just out the wheels back on and keep going.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:01 AM   #15

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered my all pro tube front bumper yesterday. Should be here next sat. Can't wait!!!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #16
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ordered my all pro tube front bumper yesterday. Should be here next sat. Can't wait!!!!!
siiiccckkk. i like your truck
Old 08-13-2010, 01:35 AM   #17

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
siiiccckkk. i like your truck
Thank you sir. Gonna sell these rims and tires for something beafier that will help when I'm of the pavement.

Going with 2 fog and 2 driving lights on the all pro bumper and gonna try to get the all pro rear tube bumper sometime in sept.
Winch in oct and I should be close to being done.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:36 AM   #18
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you sir. Gonna sell these rims and tires for something beafier that will help when I'm of the pavement.

Going with 2 fog and 2 driving lights on the all pro bumper and gonna try to get the all pro rear tube bumper sometime in sept.
Winch in oct and I should be close to being done.
4 bang hers for the win. im gonna try to lift my 5 lugger via total chaos 5 lug mid travel. and fit some 265/75/16 duratracs on some konig countersteers(pced black) on my truck.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #19

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper came in. Spent yesterday puttin it on.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:26 AM   #20

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Next on the list are new Duratrax or bfg KO's and black rims. I'll keep the set I have on it now for trips back and forth to indiana.

Products Discussed in this Thread