Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

SkyHighTacoma build

Old 08-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
SkyHighTacoma build

Here is my 1999 Tacoma 3.4l manual 4WD bought locally in the end of June with 141,000 miles on it.

Exterior:
Line x'ed, Painted grille/bumper/Toyota emblem/side markers/turn signals/tinted tails/3rd bl, debadged/de pinstriped, cut up front bumper, custom washer fluid reservoir, Redline Tunning hood struts, painted looking hub dials black, 35% tint on front windows, bedlined rockguard, Toyota sticker, Roof light bar.

Lighting:
Roof light bar with 4 55watt lights, Ice blue parking light bulbs.

Wheels/Tires:
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs on Wheelers 15" black steelies.

Brakes:
2" RBPV bracket.

Suspenision:
Front: Eibach 3" lift coil springs on 5100s set at zero.
Rear: Toytec 2" AAL with Rough Country 2-3" rear shocks.
Toytec Front Diff Drop Kit.

Armor:
Built a custom front bumper, skid plate.

Performance:
Deckplate mod with mesh screen, Magnaflow muffler.

Interior:
Floormats, steering wheel cover.

Electronics:
Scangauge 2, Radar detector.

Audio:
JVC headunit, Custom shorty antenna.

Anything else:
Smittybuilt 2" rear shackle reciever, 2 front shackles.

How she sits now:

Alot more mods and pics to come..
Its first couple days at its new home.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck Josh! Being young like you I know how hard it is to do mods to your truck with the limited amount of money we have that should be getting used on other things LOL. Nice build so far!!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Nice truck Josh! Being young like you I know how hard it is to do mods to your truck with the limited amount of money we have that should be getting used on other things LOL. Nice build so far!!
Thanks! And yes it is hard. But within the next month I should have my new tires and wheels and a ARB.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighTacoma View Post
Thanks! And yes it is hard. But within the next month I should have my new tires and wheels and a ARB.
Nice been saving up it sounds like, I have saved most of the money I have made this summer but I want to buy so much! Make sure to take pics and post your truck when you get the bumper and wheels and tires on I cant wait to see it.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
White Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Nice been saving up it sounds like, I have saved most of the money I have made this summer but I want to buy so much! Make sure to take pics and post your truck when you get the bumper and wheels and tires on I cant wait to see it.
Haha thanks! I will be sure to get pics up but its raining outside so I cant take any. And I will update as I go.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
White Tank

Repainted my hitch (sorry useing crappy camrea phone)
Old 09-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
White Tank

Got my new tires!

Painted wheels black.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
White Tank

Had some fun for the first time and forgot the "A" in TacomaWorld.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:46 AM   #9
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
like the new tires
Old 09-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
White Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by trd7 View Post
like the new tires
Thanks! For walmart tires there pretty damn good.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #12
White Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
I like the way you have your lights mounted. Care to provide any more details?
As in how they are mounted?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #13
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighTacoma View Post
As in how they are mounted?
Actually yes? Large washers or what on the underside. Any vibration at high speeds, that kind of stuff.

I'll be following the skid plate fab closely. The factory one seems weak to me.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #14
White Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
Actually yes? Large washers or what on the underside. Any vibration at high speeds, that kind of stuff.

I'll be following the skid plate fab closely. The factory one seems weak to me.
I just drilled through the plastic and the thin metal piece under the bumper and bolted it on with a washer and nut. The hardware the Hella 500's came with. And it does vibrate but doesnt like flop around. Expected from a flimsy plastic bumper. And yea the stock skid is kinda weak and mine was rusting out so Im building my own. I welded on some mouting tabs today but thats all.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #15
White Tank

Wow, this is the most slowest build thread ever! Lol!! But as soon as I get over being busy and sick, I will finish my skidplate finally, and a few other things Iv been wanting to do (build a temporary light bar since my friend idled into my front bumper and pushed it in.) And I will get more pics up of a few mods Iv done and never posted up any pics of! So hopefully I feel better within the next day or two and I can start working on the Taco some more!!! Stay tuned...
Old 12-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #16
White Tank

Rear back up lights, welded some steel tabs to hitch.

Painted 3rd brake light useing the TOYOTA TACOMA emblem from the door and trimmed off the TACOMA part with a dremel. Also taped off the edges for more light.
Light is centered, just the camrea angle.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #17
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
if you go many places where you lose clearance, you may lose those lights... for example: when I lost mine

Old 12-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #18
White Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomazach View Post
if you go many places where you lose clearance, you may lose those lights... for example: when I lost mine

That sucks lol, and I will just have to becarefull. But right now Im not going wheelin untill I put my new lower balljoints on (which are sitting in my room) and my 3" lift which is on its way..
Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #19
White Tank

Look what came in today.. Eibach 3" lift coils and Toytec 2" AAL.

Now just waiting on my 5100's and my rough country rear shocks (there just temporary untill I get some money for some Billies)

Trimmed up my bumper because Im building a light bar for my lights. I already got the light bar made, just gotta grind the welds a bit, bend it, make the mounts and paint it. Will have it on untill I buy my ARB when I have enough money.

And here is just a pic of the rear since I dont have one..
Old 12-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #20
White Tank

5100's and Rough Country 8000 series hydralic rear shocks came in.

Rear lift has been on for a few days. Will get the front on after New Years. Along with the light bar. But I did get a few goodies for the truck for christmas. Will have pics up Soon.