Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Gus's 2004 4 Banger Build

Old 08-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Gus's 2004 4 Banger Build

Got the truck in May of 2008 (don't have any original pictures.)Its a 2004 SR5 4x4 2.7L. Originally i had no desire to mod my truck in any way, but then i found TW haha. I figured since i have enough done to my truck now i can actually start a build thread and u guys can see some progression haha.

First mod was the WVU Decal which obviously adds horsepower and sexual attraction to your cousins

Then came the K&N CAI

Then i put on a Flomaster 40

After that came the front Billy 5100's

Then i decided to go with the black out look and slowly did both bumpers, grill surround, badges, and wheels

It sat like that for almost a year, with the only other mods being the new frame that toyota put in for free, and a new head unit and speakers which i don't have a picture of but will update soon. Once this school year ended and i worked enough i finally saved up for my wheels and tires

Pro Comp 8069's with 32x11.5 Wild Country XTX tires.

I tinted my tails as well

I got my Rear Billy 5100's put in today but don't have any pics yet and the spacer has been difficult to put on but i will see if pep boys can do it 2moro when i go in for my alignment. Heres a pic of them tho when they arrived from wheelers
Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

sweet truck, i like ur rubber and wheels
Old 08-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
good lookin truck. How do you like the k&n?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
word of advice. black out your license plate. some dicks on the interwebz
Old 08-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomazach View Post
it adds some throttle response but idk if it was worth the money in that regard but it def improves the sound of the exhaust
Old 08-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
word of advice. black out your license plate. some dicks on the interwebz
how exactly do u do that? and what can ppl even do with my license plate number?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
how exactly do u do that? and what can ppl even do with my license plate number?
I've always wondered that. I mean hundreds of people see my license plate everyday as I go down the road..
Old 08-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
haha idk but my mom said to black it out if i put pics up. just go into paint or PS and black it out
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomazach View Post
def noticed an increase in throttle response and didn't have to downshift on a beast hill that i had to always before. I'm hopin it will do even better when i get rid of the FM for a magnaflow and header (not sure which type)
Old 09-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
good choice of rims! sick truck
Old 12-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #12

haven't updated build in a while, but hopefully 2moro i will be putting on a 4x9x14 Magnaflow muffler to replace the flowmaster that is almost rusted out and i will add pics of the rear billies and interior
Old 12-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #13
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck, and yay for WVU

2008 Graduate here
Old 12-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
nice truck, and yay for WVU

2008 Graduate here
yea, yay we don't have to watch Jeff Mullen's pathetic predictability that he calls "an offense" anymore.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #15
TeamRooR is on a distinguished road

Name: Phil
TeamRooR's Tacoma Gallery
Ever figure out a part number??

I have a 3.4L and the salt has eaten my stock muffler, I don't want anything to loud, I was thinking either flowmaster 50 delta or the magnaflow however I cannot find a specific part number for the magnaflow??

I am in Morgantown as well...
Old 02-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRooR View Post
Ever figure out a part number??

I have a 3.4L and the salt has eaten my stock muffler, I don't want anything to loud, I was thinking either flowmaster 50 delta or the magnaflow however I cannot find a specific part number for the magnaflow??

I am in Morgantown as well...
its a 4x9x14 inch magnaflow that i got. 2 1/4 in/out, i don't remember the part number but go to magnaflow's website and look at all the 4x9x14 with the 2.25" in and outs and you'll find it. Sounds so much better than my old flowmaster and the truck revs smoother and has a slightly increased throttle response.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #17
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck bud! i really like the wheels, and i will be going the same route exhaust wise one of these days glad to hear you liked the magnaflow over the FailMaster!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Awesome truck bud! i really like the wheels, and i will be going the same route exhaust wise one of these days glad to hear you liked the magnaflow over the FailMaster!
it sounds soo much better, worth the price just for the sounds not to mention the longevity. I'm debating dumping the exhaust after the axle since my pipe looks like shit and prob hurts the performance slightly