Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Pics of my new sliders!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of my new sliders!!!

Finally got a new camera so heres some pics of my new trail gear sliders. They've been on for a while now and I REALLY like them. They look way better than my gay ass nerf bars.

I like how they sit perfectly flush with my bushwackers.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i plan on going weld on. i see no need to take the sliders off. and theyre stronger.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Looks good. I wanted a set of bolt on sliders just so I can take them off for any reason but I may just get a weld on set. There is the deal on "The Truck Shop" sliders that I may take advantage of. I just wonder if they are strong enough for hi lift use.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Looks good. I wanted a set of bolt on sliders just so I can take them off for any reason but I may just get a weld on set. There is the deal on "The Truck Shop" sliders that I may take advantage of. I just wonder if they are strong enough for hi lift use.
Oh yeah, they will be if they came from James at the truck shop, I've never been there or met the gentleman, but I've seen his work, very nice, very professional & he's a bit of a perfectionist so ++++'s in all catagories...
Old 08-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Those look great!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
i plan on going weld on. i see no need to take the sliders off. and theyre stronger.
What makes you think they are stronger?

Weld or bolt on this is an timeless argument.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Very nice !! I'm still in the air about weld on or bolt on sliders, I kinda see the benefit of each.....
Thanks! These trail gear sliders came with the L flanges that give you the option to either weld or bolt them on. I decided to weld because I'd have to throw down an extra 100 bucks for the hardware to bolt them, or I could weld them for MUCH cheaper. And I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm not too comfortable with making 34 .5" holes in my frame and then driving around on it or even going wheeling. Just doesn't seem like the best idea. But the only thing you would really need to take them off for is if you wanted to repaint them... Just man up and tape it off or use a peice of cardboard to catch the overspray.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #9

Thanks for all the comments guys!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Those are awesome!!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Oh yeah, they will be if they came from James at the truck shop, I've never been there or met the gentleman, but I've seen his work, very nice, very professional & he's a bit of a perfectionist so ++++'s in all catagories...
I may have to make that trip then. Thanks for the info man.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man,they look tough as hell
Old 08-20-2010, 12:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trd7 View Post
Those are awesome!!
Your photoshop mod is awesome!!!

Thanks btw.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #14
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Nice sliders, lots of the FJ guys are running those, Ive never seen them on a Taco though.

I really love the way they sit flush with your bushwackers too.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Nice sliders, lots of the FJ guys are running those, Ive never seen them on a Taco though.

I really love the way they sit flush with your bushwackers too.
Thanks man!!! I thought it was pretty cool how they lined up the the flares too.

Told you I didn't have those gay ass nerf bars anymore... lol
Old 08-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #16
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Hot damn that rig is looking good
Old 08-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
Hot damn that rig is looking good
Thanks dude! I kinda like it too. This is just one more step closer to it being done.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #18
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
What is next on the list??
Old 08-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #19
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
They look good Gary. Now you just have to get a few scratches on them. Bolt on or weld on will both be super strong on your 1st gen, those sliders are much shorter than the loooong 2nd gen ones. Weld on is probably easier on your boxed frame since there aren't really any good bolt on mounting points on that frame. Very little to go off of. Did you ever install the tube shackles I made for you? I made some for another guy with a 1st gen and he said they worked great.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of my new sliders!!!-captured-2004-4-7-00003.jpg  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
4wd tacoma

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
They look good Gary. Now you just have to get a few scratches on them. Bolt on or weld on will both be super strong on your 1st gen, those sliders are much shorter than the loooong 2nd gen ones. Weld on is probably easier on your boxed frame since there aren't really any good bolt on mounting points on that frame. Very little to go off of. Did you ever install the tube shackles I made for you? I made some for another guy with a 1st gen and he said they worked great.
crazy lookin shackles