Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

4WD's budget build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #201
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Good luck and

Do you know what model # that FlowTech Raptor muffler is?
Not sure Connor but I'll check in a bit & get back to ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
Nice Doug!
Thanks Eddie...
Old 04-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #202
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Doug... Exhaust is badass, coils are sick and you are a first gen king
Old 04-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #203
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Doug... Exhaust is badass, coils are sick and you are a first gen king

Yeah, in my own mind !!! Hey thanks Phil.. I figured why stop with the "junk" springs when I can build some "junk" coilovers too !! So far this weekend I've built one set of leaf springs for a members 2nd gen, R&R'd an exhaust & started on my coilovers for a total out of pocket cost of about $6 (paint)
Old 04-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #204
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Yeah, in my own mind !!! Hey thanks Phil.. I figured why stop with the "junk" springs when I can build some "junk" coilovers too !! So far this weekend I've built one set of leaf springs for a members 2nd gen, R&R'd an exhaust & started on my coilovers for a total out of pocket cost of about $6 (paint)
its to bad you dont live closer we could get some work done
Old 04-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #205
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks awesome what year Ford did you get the leaf springs out of?
Old 04-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #206
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #207
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey road trips are acceptable.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post
Truck looks awesome what year Ford did you get the leaf springs out of?
Thanks for the compliment bro, I'm not sure what year they're off of, when I look for springs, theres 3 things I look for (from most important to least )Width is no#1, Length is no# 2 & thickness no#3.

I don't look for any particular auto/truck manufacturer, the springs could come off of a Buick & if thats what would work, I'd use them...

Quote:
x2!

Yuma is about 130-140 miles away, not that far Connor...
Old 04-25-2011, 06:41 AM   #208
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #209
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Random pic , & Connor I didn't see the model No# on that Raptor exhaust But if you can picture an old California Turbo muffler except a little smaller.. (prolly before your time, I think we had just invented the wheel haha )....

Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #210
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2!

I like it!

I'm trying to decide if I should do exhaust or not. I might wait and do my Billies and Bestop first. We shall see though. Maybe I'll do billies then exhaust and figure out bed storage later. What's the info behind the OMD?

Well these ain't gonna fly for my coil overs, I fucked up on my measurement, these are too big= OD/ID so I'll go pick out some other ones prolly tomorrow but I haven't given up by a long shot, I'll come up with something better than what I got or why even bother huh....

Old 05-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #211
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
As any 1st genner knows, that stock muffler is really a full sized trash can with a tailpipe, quiet yes, restrictive ,most definintely , so some scrounging around scored me a Raptor (no, not Ford) turbo exhaust, I cut the stock one w/tail pipe out of my system & replaced with this little jewell. I think it sounds decent, please feel free for some feedback, thanks guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OI98DBb4fc?version=3
Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #212
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good man! Definitely different from the stocker and the usual typical muffler setup. I dig!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #213
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds good man! Definitely different from the stocker and the usual typical muffler setup. I dig!

Thanks for the input, I think it sounds good & at a cost of about $10 (gave the guy $5 for the muffler & $5 for a couple clamps....
Old 05-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #214
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Can't beat it and if it's less restrictive than stock, why not?

Any gains from it MPG-wise that you've noticed so far?
Old 05-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #215
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can't beat it and if it's less restrictive than stock, why not?

Any gains from it MPG-wise that you've noticed so far?

Hmmm, haven't really checked that yet but it def. is more responsive...
Old 05-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #216
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like an over all $10 win!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #217
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds like an over all $10 win!
Yep another score for the "junkyard" build guy !!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #218
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
is that the same "raptors" I see for $25 plus free shipping on amazon? What size inlet and outlet do we have. Though that maybe a dumb question as I'm in a 4 cylinder 2004 and you aren't...LOL
Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #219
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
is that the same "raptors" I see for $25 plus free shipping on amazon? What size inlet and outlet do we have. Though that maybe a dumb question as I'm in a 4 cylinder 2004 and you aren't...LOL

Not sure Terry, but it says "Raptor" on it, think inlet/outlet is 2-1/4 "

not dumb at all, it'll work on your 4cyl.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #220
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
this one here....
http://www.amazon.com/Flowtech-50050.../dp/B0002M9P9I

Products Discussed in this Thread