Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

4WD's budget build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #22
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Jeepers Doug, have a beer and chill... I am here to help (also)!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #23
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
are the 5100's direct bolt ons? whats the height settings on those bad boys? doin good ole timer
Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #24
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
MAGIKBEAN RIM MOD

Ahemm, ok moving on, yes Magikbean the Tundra 5100's are a straight up bolt on affair & I'm on the 3rd groove up with 2 to go if necessary.. They're awesome. Since you are here we'll address the painting of the rims which of course I got the idea from you....

I'll get some better pics up soon

I was pissed last night

Attached Thumbnails
4WD's budget build-web-pdvd_309.jpg   4WD's budget build-web-pdvd_314.jpg   4WD's budget build-web-dsc02821.jpg   4WD's budget build-web-dsc02828.jpg   4WD's budget build-web-dsc02835.jpg  

4WD's budget build-web-dsc02866.jpg   4WD's budget build-web-pdvd_318.jpg  
Old 09-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #25
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
I think you need to contact my contact as Discount Tires and get some new rubber...O r I can sell u mine...LOL and I'll get some new ones.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #27
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

Damn this build is friggin awesome! I love the commentary on the vid.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #28
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the build is coming along just fine. Can't wait to see more pics. lol

BTW, since you already have the pics uploaded to PhotoBucket, why don't you just post the pics directly. Just wave over the pics while in the album and you should see a list of 4 selectable lines of text. Just click on the one titled "IMG Code". Then, just press CTRL+C (copy) and then CTRL+V (paste) it directly to the post you're writing.

You won't have the little thumbnails, but instead the full-size images if you're cool with that. It's much easier than uploading all the pics to site and then building the post.

Just a suggestion...
Old 09-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #29
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks CMACK a little different than last night huh, nothing like flaming yourself , was gonna put myself on the wall of shame..haha

Ok onward, now alot of you have heard/seen my OCD regarding the front bumper, now there is a true bumper in the works if my buddy & myself can get our shit together enough pull it off (& we will eventually) until then I couldn't stand looking at it so I took it off a 3rd time & armed with a pair of left/right angle tin snips, combo square ,black sharpie ( & no its not a term for a quick witted black guy) & tape measure & started trimming away the fat.

But ya can't just hack out the middle like I did & leave the radiator vulnerable so I found a nice piece of steel mesh & a few tek tipped screws later fabbed a little armor for it & trust me it is rigid. it is tuff & passes alot of air to the radiator & alot more rigid than the OEM crap hanging off the front.....
Attached Thumbnails
4WD's budget build-web-pdvd_323.jpg   4WD's budget build-web-dsc02860.jpg   4WD's budget build-web-pdvd_324.jpg   4WD's budget build-web-dsc02857.jpg  
Old 09-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #30
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Lol I was laughin my ass off last night over this stuff. I'm curious as to what you've got goin on for your bumper...
Old 09-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #31
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Lol I was laughin my ass off last night over this stuff. I'm curious as to what you've got goin on for your bumper...
The one now? or the finished product ? theres a couple in the works..

I don't think it looks too bad, like I've said its not good, not bad, just different but I like it so far

Probably going to go with a pre runner type tube hoop with a light bar, I dunno just kickin' it around

Old 09-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #32
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I'm talking bout the current one (that you hacked up) and also the future one... I kinda like the hacked up one actually..I've got some plans for my bumper that'll happen within the next week or so.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #34
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I've always hated our bumpers and thought they looked way too big and bulky and EXTREMELY cheap. But I figure I won't be replacing mine anytime soon, so mine as well have some fine with it eh?

If you did the turn signal relocation mod, you could do away with the turn signal lights and hack away even more...not sure how it'd look. THere's a guy on here who did it to his 01-04....actually turned out pretty good on his. Hmmmmm
Old 09-11-2010, 11:25 PM   #35
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I saw that, he trimmed EVERYTHING off it looked like, & located the turn signals by the headlights looked good & thats exactly what I've thought about the stock bumpers...

Old 09-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #36
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Once I get my light bar I might hack some of my bumper off to help it look better.....This is what's being sent to me:

Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #37
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I like that , light, functional & looks like an easy install, I don't need fourty HELLAS up front I don't haul ass like your buddy Jimbo,

Attached Thumbnails
4WD's budget build-web_dsc02326.jpeg  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:44 PM   #38
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

Thanks.

And is that an old bumper? I dig that...
Old 09-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #39
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
This was my "1 hour" bumper MOD, (cause it took about an hour to make)

It's actually piece of metal steel stud like you'd use in commercial wall construction, notice I relocated the turn signals ...
Attached Thumbnails
4WD's budget build-web_dsc02321.jpeg  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #40
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
LOL that's freakin sweet

Products Discussed in this Thread