Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

4WD's budget build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #501
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Doug! I originally wanted to buy Micah's bumper but I didn't because I wasn't sure how it would look on the 2000 front end, now I wish I would have bought it lol
Old 04-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #502
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
Looks good Doug! I originally wanted to buy Micah's bumper but I didn't because I wasn't sure how it would look on the 2000 front end, now I wish I would have bought it lol
Haha, thanks buddy & yeah its starting to grow on me, plus theres 5 light tabs too !!

I'm thinking about filling in some of the open spots to close it up some, it'll be a cross between a plate/tube bumper hybrid
Old 04-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #503
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Haha, thanks buddy & yeah its starting to grow on me, plus theres 5 light tabs too !!

I'm thinking about filling in some of the open spots to close it up some, it'll be a cross between a plate/tube bumper hybrid

My bumper has 8 light tabs none of which are in use since I custom made a mount for my LED bar You planning on adding some more lights to it?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #504
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post

My bumper has 8 light tabs none of which are in use since I custom made a mount for my LED bar You planning on adding some more lights to it?

Oh most definintly, can't let them go to waste, Reagan has some hella HID's I'm considering
Old 04-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #506
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Took out that over sized bath tub of a wiper fluid tank, God I hated that thing the way it'd just hang dowm waaaay too big IMO...

This is the area inside wheel well where tank sat, thats alot of space...

now its gone...

Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #507
Pyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant future

Name: Jon
Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Dang dude, I remember when you first started your taco build. Ive been gone for a few years and am back now. And I gotta say your truck is looking sick! Nice job bro!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #509
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
Dang dude, I remember when you first started your taco build. Ive been gone for a few years and am back now. And I gotta say your truck is looking sick! Nice job bro!
Thanks Jon ! It's changed a little, everyone around me has/is going LT it seems, had to do something different just to keep up !! haha Welcome back dude !..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Ive got covers for those lights.

And to the man that gave me the KC's HI DAVE !! .. you have the covers ?? that'd be awesome brother.. say when ..

Old 04-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #511
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Im headed to harbor freight today so I can swing by after. It'd probably be around 4:30-5 if thats cool.

That'll be fine sir & thanks !!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #514
robertlhuffman049 is on a distinguished road

Name: robert
robertlhuffman049's Tacoma Gallery
retrofitting shocks?

I'm new to the forum but I noticed that you retrofitted some rear shocks for your taco. I installed the tundra bilsteins on the front. However I have a set of rear for the tundra and the mounting brackets are different. Did you just weld another mount to the top of the shock. Just curious on how you did it man.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #515
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertlhuffman049 View Post
I'm new to the forum but I noticed that you retrofitted some rear shocks for your taco. I installed the tundra bilsteins on the front. However I have a set of rear for the tundra and the mounting brackets are different. Did you just weld another mount to the top of the shock. Just curious on how you did it man.

Well actually I needed some rear shocks for my lift & had sold my 5125's , another member gave me some 2nd gen 5125's off a 5 lugger (SUA) & seeing how 1st gens have the big "eye to eye" eyelett config I cut off the threaded stem by about 3" but left enough thread to put on a short coupler w/large eyelett , welded the "stem" end & can unthread the eyeletts if need be
Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #516
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the bumper Doug!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #517
robertlhuffman049 is on a distinguished road

Name: robert
robertlhuffman049's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Well actually I needed some rear shocks for my lift & had sold my 5125's , another member gave me some 2nd gen 5125's off a 5 lugger (SUA) & seeing how 1st gens have the big "eye to eye" eyelett config I cut off the threaded stem by about 3" but left enough thread to put on a short coupler w/large eyelett , welded the "stem" end & can unthread the eyeletts if need be

do you think the tundra shocks will work. I got the set for the aal or block lift 0 to 3 inches.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #518
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
I really like the bumper Doug!
thanks david...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertlhuffman049 View Post

do you think the tundra shocks will work. I got the set for the aal or block lift 0 to 3 inches.
I'm not sure if they're long enough..
Old 06-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #519
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled the 3rd member today because she b a howlin' hard for awhile now, all the pre load was gone mostly but so far everything looks pretty good, other than the usual dusting of metal flash (slightly discolored fluid,normal)

no permanent uneven wear/no chucks of gear teeth, etc:...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-5aF...tailpage#t=13s

Products Discussed in this Thread