Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

4WD's budget build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #41
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
What about cost ? with the cost of the 5100's ($200) & the cost of 3 cans of $2 paint, I've got a staggering $206.00 so far, even a cheap bastard like me thinks its cheap.....

Old 09-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #42
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
This is all I got for now, I'll have to dig up pics on Deckplate, de badging & of course finished bumper Thanks for input !! Much appreciated, I'm not going for a state of the art (obviously) offroader (I wish) ya'll know money & desire dictate that .....

Happy Trails

Old 09-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #43
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #45
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
5100's install

Now I know evryone & their brother just about have the adjustable 3 setting Billies, this is where I again step out of the norm, I opted for the adjustable 5100 series 1st gen. TUNDRA Bilsteins....

Why?:

Heavier duty/dampening (good compensation for heavier aftermarket bumpers)
& the biggest single feature: 5 SETTINGS !!! Thats right 5 instead of 3 !!

I love them, no bottoming/topping out, ruts & bumps I had to brace for before I don't hardly feel anymore & by all accounts I have the only 1st gen Tacoma with Tundra shocks in this entire forum.....one of a kind, I like that.....

My buddy Jay below (another old fugger) great wrench/machinist

getting the first side together

Towering coil after

finishing up

Have a small amount of rake (just did the fronts)
Old 09-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #46
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrutter View Post
Looks like the build is coming along just fine. Can't wait to see more pics. lol

BTW, since you already have the pics uploaded to PhotoBucket, why don't you just post the pics directly. Just wave over the pics while in the album and you should see a list of 4 selectable lines of text. Just click on the one titled "IMG Code". Then, just press CTRL+C (copy) and then CTRL+V (paste) it directly to the post you're writing.

You won't have the little thumbnails, but instead the full-size images if you're cool with that. It's much easier than uploading all the pics to site and then building the post.

Just a suggestion...

I appreciate any help bro' I'm kinda new to the pic posting thing
Old 09-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #47
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work on the Tundra billies. Was it a straight up bolt on or was there minor modding that had to be done for the shock mounts? Is it a rough ride or is it pretty soft? I know you said it takes the bumps pretty well...kind of curious is all. I am thinking of some billies up front in the future...
Old 09-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #48
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks awesome! Just the way a Tacoma should look imo, and pretty cool how you used tundra billy's on, one of a kind for sure. Great job doug
Old 09-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #49
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Nice work on the Tundra billies. Was it a straight up bolt on or was there minor modding that had to be done for the shock mounts? Is it a rough ride or is it pretty soft? I know you said it takes the bumps pretty well...kind of curious is all. I am thinking of some billies up front in the future...
Hey Conner how ya doin' buddy ? Yeah they are dimentionally the same as the bolt on 5100's for Tacomas, no MODDING of anything to install & I'm on stock coils, the ride is firmer not harsh to me anyway & get some Billies ASAP !! I'll have some front bumper pics soon too (since you & I hate the stock one haha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Trucks awesome! Just the way a Tacoma should look imo, and pretty cool how you used tundra billy's on, one of a kind for sure. Great job doug
Thanks Phil , how you doing? I remember when you first joined up w/ a million questions (which is great in my book, if ya don't ask how ya gonna know right ?? )
Old 09-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #50
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Hey Conner how ya doin' buddy ? Yeah they are dimentionally the same as the bolt on 5100's for Tacomas, no MODDING of anything to install & I'm on stock coils, the ride is firmer not harsh to me anyway & get some Billies ASAP !! I'll have some front bumper pics soon too (since you & I hate the stock one haha)
I've been good. Just busy as hell. Enrolled in two different schools and still pushing a 30 hour work week is kicking my ass. But it'll work for now. That's interesting about the shocks. Right now I've got explorers up front with springs from an 03 DC 4x4 tacoma, so it added a bit of lift. It's still a rough ass ride. Which is why I'm thinking maybe some billies with the springs and I'll be set. I now have to order a new firestick antennae before the shocks. And a new tow strap. And possibly a new air compressor. The tow strap and antennae both snapped on me today on the trail. And the air compressor took a shit on me as well. It was still a fun trail though...got to pull some 2nd gens around! (One guy got stuck a few times, so I gave him a yank to get him out)

Looking forward to seeing the progress on that bumper of yours. I haven't gotten my lightbar yet. I keep seeing an old Nissan Frontier driving around with the same exact one though and I'm sold that it's going to look good. I'm excited
Old 09-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #51
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Phil , how you doing? I remember when you first joined up w/ a million questions (which is great in my book, if ya don't ask how ya gonna know right ?? )[/quote]

Im doing well, ya when I joined I had no idea what I was getting into, but thanks to you and all the other friendly knowledgeable folks on here I have learned so much about our trucks.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #53
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome job with the trimming!!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #54
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Awesome job with the trimming!!
thanks buddy,yeah now just need to fill in with the brushgaurd/lightbar

maybe this week hopefully... hey conner anything I can help you with just let me know....
Old 09-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #55
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
thanks buddy,yeah now just need to fill in with the brushgaurd/lightbar

maybe this week hopefully... hey conner anything I can help you with just let me know....
Thanks Doug! I appreciate the offer. Will definitely hit you up in the future, I'm sure. I'm thinking I might do a little trimming once I get my lightbar. but we'll see how it looks on there first before I do any.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #56
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Doug it looks sweet man! i like it
Old 09-28-2010, 09:01 AM   #57
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
Doug it looks sweet man! i like it

Thanks Jake, its a slow build but its starting to come around a little....

Products Discussed in this Thread