LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

IBENGINEER's Build

Old 09-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
ibengineer's Tacoma Gallery
IBENGINEER's Build

Current List of Mods:

BFG KM2 33x10.5
Fabtech 2.5 Dirt Logic Coilovers
Camburg Uniball UCA
icon 3-leaf add a leaf
billy 5100s in rear
Custum front steel Bumper
XRC 8500lb Winch
Flowmaster
K&N Drop-In
Painted Black TRD rims
Removed Sway Bar
Pinch Weld Mod
Custom Backseat Flat Box (To make flat, carpeted surface in backseat)

now....

stock:

Added Revtek kit and BFG KM2 33x10.5's. (no pic shown)

THEN

Hated the ride quality of revtek - bought Fabtech dirt logic 2.5 coilovers, camburg uca's (uniball) and some extended length pro comp rear shocks. next step is to add a full leaf pack in the rear and maybe some fox shocks to replace the procomps.

PS. the coilovers in the #2 pic were adjusted to 2.75 - It was too high in my opinion, so I lowered them to where I just clear the 33's with no rubbing.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:13 AM   #2
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice , ibengineer I see you painted the stock alloys too, hows the ride with the Camburg uniball? & how do you feel about the stock front bumper ? Where at in Cali bro' ?

Nice to see another 2000 1st gen.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
sherman oaks.

Camburgs are awesome - I can let go of the wheel doing 80 mph on the freeway and I fly straight as an arrow. Yeah the painting of the rims was a piece of cake, and I like the look.

I've been out a couple times with TW guys - once up in big bear (start in big bear, end in the desert) and once in rowher flats (some 4x4 hill climbs). I will be lookin to do another run soon, looks like the next one people are attending is hungry on the 2nd?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in San Diego & we've had a couple L.A. guys (& a couple from AZ) make the drive here to do some of our runs at Corral Canyon, desert season is upon us & no doubt we'll do a few in Ocotillo. I don't know how many mods you plan to do but I cannot stress enough for you to do the GREY WIRE MOD, if you haven't already.

It's way easy & its great to be able to be locked in 2wheel or 4wheel high range & won't cost a dime & takes about 20 - 30 mins start to finish...
Old 09-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
I'm in San Diego & we've had a couple L.A. guys (& a couple from AZ) make the drive here to do some of our runs at Corral Canyon, desert season is upon us & no doubt we'll do a few in Ocotillo. I don't know how many mods you plan to do but I cannot stress enough for you to do the GREY WIRE MOD, if you haven't already.

It's way easy & its great to be able to be locked in 2wheel or 4wheel high range & won't cost a dime & takes about 20 - 30 mins start to finish...
20-30 minutes wow it took me bout 10 start o finish! but i agree do it! Its freakin awesome. The deck plate is a good one to, not much noticably but sounds beast. OP Nice build btw.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
I never really saw a need for the grey wire, so i've never done it. The only time you ever really NEED lockers....you should prolly be in 4 lo anyway. At least thats how I see it.

Thanks for the comments btw - future mods to come! :-D

May be painting the front grill surround and front bumper and rear bumper and tool box...all black.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
Minor mod today. I sanded away the paint on my wheels on the lug nuts to give that "beaded" look. Also, random shot - good look at suspension.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #10
added a flowmaster today........ I would post a sound clip - but everyone has heard a flowmaster.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck bro for sure
Old 09-30-2010, 01:18 AM   #12
TacomaV6 is on a distinguished road
TacomaV6's Tacoma Gallery
where you get those fender linings? the grey plastic thing. sorry I'm a noob, but i am looking to get some flares for my taco o_o. very nice truck tho
Old 09-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
Very nice, how much travel are you getting? Did you need to do anything with the cv shafts?
just a diff drop to lower the angle. right now my ribs aren't even touching. haven't measured the travel.

new mod today, built a custom box, covered with carpet the go in the back seat and provide a flat surface for my dog. pics to come.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #15
Removed the sway bar today - tested it out a bit and it seems pretty stable. I definitely feel/see the diff in wheel travel (during flex offroad). On road it feels pretty similar, more body roll in turns, but fairly stable even at 70 mph. Prob wouldn't want to jerk the wheel hard at 65+ mph, but its not like thats a good idea before anyway.....
Old 10-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #16
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
yo hows the ride with those dirt logic coils, forgot to add that i got the regular ones and they suck balls... i swear i told the shop i wanted the dirt logic coilovers... but w/e
Old 10-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
yo hows the ride with those dirt logic coils, forgot to add that i got the regular ones and they suck balls... i swear i told the shop i wanted the dirt logic coilovers... but w/e
they are amazing compared to stock and even more amazing compared to stock w/revtek spacer lol.

One thing I notice: they feel great on washboard or bumpy dirt roads, do well in the rocks, and are nice - maybe a touch stiff, on the highway. I got two w/spanner for $900 new. Probably could have saved a lil more and got kings/fox but I have no complaints
Old 10-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #18
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
good stuff man.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #19
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #20
Oh, thanks! Send me more please if you have any

Products Discussed in this Thread