Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

99 tacoma

Old 09-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
mcguire is on a distinguished road

Name: andrew
mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
99 tacoma

ive had the truck for about 2 years.Dont really have many build pics.il try and see what i can find. The truck sits on a 3"inch roughcountry suspension and a performance accessories body lift.
Attached Thumbnails
99 tacoma-truck.jpg   99 tacoma-img_0866.jpg   99 tacoma-img_0867.jpg  
Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguire View Post
ive had the truck for about 2 years.Dont really have many build pics.il try and see what i can find. The truck sits on a 3"inch roughcountry suspension and a performance accessories body lift.

Are you just showing us your truck or are you selling it?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #3

mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
nope not selling just put it up to show build in build pics.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man I'm diggin the fender flares
Old 09-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-21-2010, 05:43 AM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
It looks good man post some more pics soon.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
DaytonLax14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
DaytonLax14's Tacoma Gallery
have you had any problems with the spacer lift and/or the body lift?
Old 09-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #8

mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the positive comments.Il try and get somw more pics form my gfs camera.
As for the spacer and body lift i havnt had any problems. they've both been installed for about a year.
Looking to go with skyjackers coilover and easyride leaf pack. Is anyone running this?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #9

mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
more pics i found from when i first got the truck
Attached Thumbnails
99 tacoma-untitled.jpg   99 tacoma-untitled-1.jpg  
Old 09-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #10
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good so far man, take it from me I know how hard it can be to get your build page going, when I started mine I had a major meltdown trying to organize,find pics, resize, etc;; Just keep going & it'll fall into place....
Old 10-20-2010, 02:05 AM   #11
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious why you replaced the fender flares? Did you want something with more of a flare to cover the tires?

FYI, you might want to check for paint damage under that bug deflector. My 98 had some from it rubbing.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #12

mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
i had to replace them because of one of the laws down here. i got pulled over for having a modified vehicle and had my registration put on hold. had to have an inspection by a engineer,and one of the laws is you cant have the wheels sticking out more then 1.5". and with the stock flares i was out about 3" past.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #13

mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
as for the bug deflector, there are rubber spacers keeping it form contacting the paint.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #14
96 toy taco is on a distinguished road

96 toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires u got on it? And are those cut out flares?
Old 10-26-2010, 05:54 AM   #15

mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
im runnin 33x12.5x15 tires, yup they are cut out flares. 1" in the front,and 2" in the rear
Old 10-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #16
96 toy taco is on a distinguished road

96 toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Did u fit the 12.50s without the cut outs on it?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #17

mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, i had the 33's on it with the stock flares and 3" suspension. before the body lift, and didnt have any problems with rubbing.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #18

mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
Havent posted anything new in quite a while,but i just ordered sky jacker leaf packs, billy 5100's and eibach coils! should be here next week!! Cant wait for the ride quality and ditch the spacer!
Old 06-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #19
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguire View Post
Havent posted anything new in quite a while,but i just ordered sky jacker leaf packs, billy 5100's and eibach coils! should be here next week!! Cant wait for the ride quality and ditch the spacer!
Spacer lifts suck! There was one installed on my truck when I bought it, it's now in the dump somewhere.

Sweet truck man.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Spacer lifts suck! There was one installed on my truck when I bought it, it's now in the dump somewhere.

Sweet truck man.
I agree spacer lifts suck ass! Nice truck though and good build so far. Now get all the new goodies on it and let us see them!