Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

JLee's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #41
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomadude89 View Post
I like those wheels and tires man.
Thanks man they are sick. they look was better in person and there not that loud on the free way as I thought they would be.

It's crazy I never really get people coming up to me a complementing my truck but today I had 7 to 10 people say something to me.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #42
Brutus will become famous soon enough

Name: Butus
Brutus's Tacoma Gallery
Ive read on many sites you cant go over 2.5" lift on the front with 4wd unless you drop the front.
How are your CVs holding up with 3+"???
Old 10-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #43
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Ive read on many sites you cant go over 2.5" lift on the front with 4wd unless you drop the front.
How are your CVs holding up with 3+"???

My angles are great!

No issues so far
Old 10-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #44
JLamb11 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jared
JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
So SICK
Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #45
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLamb11 View Post
So SICK
Thanks man i was looking at your rig. Nice!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #46
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
dude it looks like one of those arctic trucks with those tires.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #47
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
dude it looks like one of those arctic trucks with those tires.

I know it Kinda does I'm getting some bushwacker cut a way's soon to cover a little more of the tire. But I'm loving the stance of the truck now I just need to get it off road flexin to see how much more I need to cut. I think with the big wide bushwackers it will look more like the arctic trucks I wasn't really going for the arctic look but I like it.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #48
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
i got tired of my LED dome flickering when the truck was off so I ran a wire from the dome to the reading light on the driver side. works like a charm now and i have more light when getting in the truck at night.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #49
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I love your truck even more now I look at it twice that Im going the same suspension route you have on your truck! But can you get more pics of the camper shell on your truck plz?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #50
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighTacoma View Post
Wow, I love your truck even more now I look at it twice that Im going the same suspension route you have on your truck! But can you get more pics of the camper shell on your truck plz?
Now that I have the wheels and tires I'm going to do a photo shoot I have been wanting to for a wile now.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #51
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Today I did the FasTrack mod I live in the bay where we have tolls on the bridges. I didn't want it on my windshield so it's been in the clove box for about 2 years and I had to take it out every time I go over the bridge. I thought of doing this I tested it before I stuck it on there and it worked. Now all I have to do is open the console when I go over the bridge.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #52
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I also added a dock for my phone so I can see my GPS when I'm driving.

I'm not a smoker so I just put it in the place of the ashtray.

I did remove the metal that holds the ashtray after I took the picture.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #53
Sunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: RC
Sunburst's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck, it looks bad to the bone!!! Tell me more about your opinion on the duratrac tires after running them. I had a set of Toyo M/T's in 33" but changed out because they were very loud on the road and stiff as a board offroad...I am leaning toward going with the duratrac next time I purchase tires...
Old 11-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #54
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburst View Post
Great looking truck, it looks bad to the bone!!! Tell me more about your opinion on the duratrac tires after running them. I had a set of Toyo M/T's in 33" but changed out because they were very loud on the road and stiff as a board offroad...I am leaning toward going with the duratrac next time I purchase tires...

Thanks man. I love the DuraTracks there not to loud but you can here them on the high way. I still haven't taken them off road much but I drove them on the free way today and hit a puddle at 65mph and was ready to hydroplane but they stuck like glue. So from what I have experienced the these tires I highly recommend buying them. I'm going off road next weekend to really put them to the test.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #55
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
So i went out to the RR Tracks last weekend to see how bad I rub off road and i got a lot of work to do. I'm rubbing bad on the inner fender well at full lock when i hit bumps. So I'm going to be breaking out the welder and moving my inner fender back about 1 1/2" so I can stuff the front tires at full lock.

Here's a few shots I took parked on a dirt mound.

I got the 33's stuffed more then i thought they would.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #56
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery

Your tubbing the front wheel wells?

Did you see this thread?

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...d.php?t=166040
Old 11-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #57
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post

Your tubbing the front wheel wells?

Did you see this thread?

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...d.php?t=166040
That's right! I'm not moving it as much as that guy but it's the same idea. I'm just barley rubbing in the fender well I'm going as far as removing the fender to do it. There is just a few key spots that need moved back I going to pound them in a little be this week and if i clear it i will leave it the way it is but I'm sure I'm going to be removing something.

I don't want to do a body lift and i have the welder and the knowhow so I'm doing it.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #58
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
That's right! I'm not moving it as much as that guy but it's the same idea. I'm just barley rubbing in the fender well I'm going as far as removing the fender to do it. There is just a few key spots that need moved back I going to pound them in a little be this week and if i clear it i will leave it the way it is but I'm sure I'm going to be removing something.

I don't want to do a body lift and i have the welder and the knowhow so I'm doing it.
Nice, Can't wait to see the results.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #59
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Nice, Can't wait to see the results.
You and me both
Old 11-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #60
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a few shots from the Bear Valley Trail run last weekend.

The shot of defeat

The first one to try it

The first one to fail

Products Discussed in this Thread