Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

JLee's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #1161
hokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hokiruu's Tacoma Gallery
Doing it right!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #1162
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiruu View Post
Doing it right!
Im only doing this once bullet proof
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #1163
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Im only doing this once bullet proof
Yeah right...that's what I said.
You'll just expose the next weak link.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #1164
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Yeah right...that's what I said.
You'll just expose the next weak link.
I'm only building the axles once
Old 12-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #1165
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
In before the seats
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #1166
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
In before the seats

Yep there in

Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #1167
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Fancy
Old 12-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #1168
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Sooo.... Is the plan for the rear susp still just plain old leaf packs?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #1169
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Becaaause I still think you should 3-link it with a quarter elliptical set-up... That way, you can retain the load carrying capabilities you need and almost match the front set-up in quality.

Buhsides, they look sexy! 4-link, but still... on a taco (booger weldz old truck) with 3-link c/o front.

This rear end is pure sex! Who needs coilovers.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #1170
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
As much as id like to link it out back its not going to happen i need my bed and cant relocate the gas tank. Maybe down the road when the truck is a toy only.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #1171
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
As much as id like to link it out back its not going to happen i need my bed and cant relocate the gas tank. Maybe down the road when the truck is a toy only.
shit you rear is pretty flexy already any more flex you gonna have to start cutting into the bed.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #1172
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
shit you rear is pretty flexy already any more flex you gonna have to start cutting into the bed.
Piff thats what bump stops are for
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #1173

negative arch ftw
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #1174
Über Posre

Quote:
But you don/t have to re-locate the gas tank with a 3-link....

As for the bed, I bet you could keep it. Would have to get kinda creative with the shocks, though.... Is the axle wide enough to route the shocks through the wells? Are you planning on doing anything to the bed?? Any plans for a internal or exo cage and tying into some kind of bed cage that still allows you a lot of capacity? I bet you could build a freackin insane cage.

Sorry, if you answered that already. You need to make a list of all your plans for the SAC/SAS!

Meh, whatever you do is going to be awesome, Jerry. I'm just curious.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #1175
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i was thinking 3 link as well . The rear axle is uncut with no outers yet so i can set wms to whatever i want but my front is 65"wms so i need the stay below that. I havent thought much about cages im not much of a fan of exo cages but after seeing matt's on pirate im just going along my mind changes a lot on what i want to do with the truck. I do know i will have twin 9" axles with a 3 link in the front with 12" KING shocks.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #1176
2stroketrush will become famous soon enough

EMS:
Name: Tyler
2stroketrush's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
BOOM!!

Hey man i just bought this set of rock lights as well. some of th other guys on here said to talk to you about this questions, but where did you mount that master control box? in cab? engine bay? if so do you just use a remote and did you wire in a switch?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #1177
Über Posre

Quote:
Yeah i was thinking 3 link as well . The rear axle is uncut with no outers yet so i can set wms to whatever i want but my front is 65"wms so i need the stay below that. I havent thought much about cages im not much of a fan of exo cages but after seeing matt's on pirate im just going along my mind changes a lot on what i want to do with the truck. I do know i will have twin 9" axles with a 3 link in the front with 12" KING shocks.
Do it.

Dang... Didn't realize you were going so narrow. Might not have enough room for shocks with out going through the bed, or getting crazy with the set-up on a 3-link then... Bummah.

I like the clean look of internals but yeah, Matt's exo is insane!!!!! I can't imagine how much work it took to make that cage... It's just about perfect. lol But you've got the equipment to build a quailty cage like that... I bet you could make a clean friggin exo cage, Jerry.

Nice. Dual rate coilovers?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #1178
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroketrush View Post
Hey man i just bought this set of rock lights as well. some of th other guys on here said to talk to you about this questions, but where did you mount that master control box? in cab? engine bay? if so do you just use a remote and did you wire in a switch?
I mounted mine in the center console and came up under the shifter boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Do it.

Dang... Didn't realize you were going so narrow. Might not have enough room for shocks with out going through the bed, or getting crazy with the set-up on a 3-link then... Bummah.

I like the clean look of internals but yeah, Matt's exo is insane!!!!! I can't imagine how much work it took to make that cage... It's just about perfect. lol But you've got the equipment to build a quailty cage like that... I bet you could make a clean friggin exo cage, Jerry.

Nice. Dual rate coilovers?
Yeah the guy i bought the axle off of set it up at 65" or so he says. I like that's its only 5" over stock i don't want the tires sticking all the way out the wheel wells. And yeah dual rate 12" KINGS with the comp adjuster.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #1179
Über Posre

Quote:
Yeah the guy i bought the axle off of set it up at 65" or so he says. I like that's its only 5" over stock i don't want the tires sticking all the way out the wheel wells. And yeah dual rate 12" KINGS with the comp adjuster.
Sweet, man. That width go perfect with the 37s, I think. Just under Tundras at 66"... and Nice.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #1180
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Sweet, man. That width go perfect with the 37s, I think. Just under Tundras at 66"... and Nice.
Yeah it should be pretty good I've never liked the look of all the tire sticking out past the fenders on a full bodied truck.

Products Discussed in this Thread