Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Box Rocket - 2003 TRD Doublecab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #2701
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
dude fuck yea!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #2703
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Paint looks good, also liking the orange accents
Old 06-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #2704
travis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Electronics Technician 2nd Class, Submarine Qualified
Name: Travis
travis.diller's Tacoma Gallery
do your dakar +AAL look flat? even when not loaded?
Old 06-29-2014, 10:09 AM   #2705
johnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are various levels of flat most of the time. They are designed that way
Old 06-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #2706
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Yes my Dakars are pretty flat. Totally normal and how they are supposed to be. I'd post a pic but I'm away from computers and my photobucket.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #2707
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Adam you going to do any wheelin while out here in So Cal?
Old 06-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #2708
johnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Box Rocket - 2003 TRD Doublecab

Hope you don't mind, but here are mine with literally no weight in the rear, no spare.

Edit: I deleted my pic to avoid confusion, but you can see a discussion and pics of boxrockets springs here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282883

From that thread:
Old 06-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #2709
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis.diller View Post
do your dakar +AAL look flat? even when not loaded?
I've heard you could flip the overloads or one of the over load leafs to gain a little lift and maybe gain some arc in the springs.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #2710
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
They are designed to run flat or almost flat. That's how my Dakar's were
Old 07-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #2711
travis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Electronics Technician 2nd Class, Submarine Qualified
Name: Travis
travis.diller's Tacoma Gallery
When mine are loaded they have a slight negative arch...
Old 07-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #2712
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
I've heard you could flip the overloads or one of the over load leafs to gain a little lift and maybe gain some arc in the springs.
Don't do this. They are not designed to be used like that. A flipped overload will not flex and the ride will be more harsh and since it won't flex it will create points of heavy stress where the leaf above it contacts the end of the overload and it could cause the leaves to crack and break at that stress point.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:27 AM   #2713
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Don't do this. They are not designed to be used like that. A flipped overload will not flex and the ride will be more harsh and since it won't flex it will create points of heavy stress where the leaf above it contacts the end of the overload and it could cause the leaves to crack and break at that stress point.
On that note, why aren't there any coil springs to assist leaf springs with load bearing, similar to air bags?
Old 07-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #2715
Neighborhood Know-it-all

I did a little more tweaking to my fenders last night and was able to get the corner lights lined up better. Still not perfect but much closer. Also re-routed my air intake. with the open fenderwell I couldn't leave the stock intake tube there without it getting filled with water/mud. I got some new hose that attaches to the factory air box and out into the fender (same as stock), but then routes back into the engine compartment with a cone filter on the end. So currently I'm running a double filter, a cone plus the one in the factory box. I'll try it this way for a while and see how it works.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #2716
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I did a little more tweaking to my fenders last night and was able to get the corner lights lined up better. Still not perfect but much closer. Also re-routed my air intake. with the open fenderwell I couldn't leave the stock intake tube there without it getting filled with water/mud. I got some new hose that attaches to the factory air box and out into the fender (same as stock), but then routes back into the engine compartment with a cone filter on the end. So currently I'm running a double filter, a cone plus the one in the factory box. I'll try it this way for a while and see how it works.
Nice, pictures?? Also would love to see pictures of the corner light fitment. Looking at mine I'm trying to wrap my mind about how to attach them. I have a basic welder so welding tabs is doable.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #2717
Neighborhood Know-it-all

No pics yet but I'll try to get some. I had to trim some of the light housing on the back, some of the grill, and some of the fender at the bottom of the light to get them to line up even a little bit.

Eventually I will replace the lights with some 1-peice lights. My corner lights are a little hammered anyway so my current mounting isn't super clean. I drilled two small holes in the lip of the light along the top and the side with matching holes in the tabs that are part of the fenders. I just ran a zip tie through each pair of holes. You can't see the zip tie unless you look close and it's actually really solid.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #2718
Jiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medic
Name: Micah
Jiveydude's Tacoma Gallery
Adam, question for you. Did you add the steering spacer with your body lift kit and if so, did your power steering feel tighter? Mine takes a few more lbs of strength now to move. Just wondering if it's normal or if I got bigger problems to look for. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #2719
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveydude View Post
Adam, question for you. Did you add the steering spacer with your body lift kit and if so, did your power steering feel tighter? Mine takes a few more lbs of strength now to move. Just wondering if it's normal or if I got bigger problems to look for. Thanks.
Yes I used the steering spacer but I didn't notice any change in steering feel.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #2720
Jiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medic
Name: Micah
Jiveydude's Tacoma Gallery
Well, that sucks. Looks like I'll be heading back out to crawl under the truck tonight...

Products Discussed in this Thread