Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Box Rocket - 2003 TRD Doublecab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #2821
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Jonathan are you serious about the tires? There's a local guy asking about them but I won't even worry about it if you want them. And I don't mind holding onto them if I need to.
Yeah I will take them!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #2822
Silver1stgentaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Preston
Silver1stgentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Would you consider making another set of ifs and trans skid for sale? And if so how much?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #2823

Quote:
Bit of a photo dump.

Installed some 1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers tonight. Main reason was because the front tires were rubbing the frame at full lock. Spacers fixed that. Stance is definitely wider and I'm sure when I get in the dirt it's gonna throw more crap up the sides of the truck but oh well.

I'll try to put before and after pics together from the same angle so you can see the difference.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

A few more afters

Are you still running the wheel spacers? And if so have you noticed much more than average wear on the stearing?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #2824
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
adam did you ever install those light racing ucas?
Old 08-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #2825
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecloud View Post
Yeah I will take them!
Cool. Just paypal me at boxrocket@msn.com when you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver1stgentaco View Post
Would you consider making another set of ifs and trans skid for sale? And if so how much?
Probably not. Sorry. There are quite a few good options out there for skids. Check out the RAT Products skids here on TW. They seem like a decent set. Of course you could always get BudBuilts or Skidrow skids too. I really doubt I could do them any cheaper than those options.

Quote:
Are you still running the wheel spacers? And if so have you noticed much more than average wear on the stearing?
Yes, still running the wheel spacers. I haven't noticed any extra steering wear as a result of the spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
adam did you ever install those light racing ucas?
Not yet, but I'm trying to tackle it this week if I can find the time. I leave Wednesday to chase for Canguro Racing for the Vegas to Reno race so it might have to wait until next week if I can't get to it before Wednesday.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #2826

Thanks for the help,and how much lift did you get with the 882's,nitro chargers,and 10mm trim packers up front?
Old 08-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #2827
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, hows the side protection with the Tg bumper and those flares?
Old 08-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #2828
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Good question ^^

Edit..looks like it fits just fine....doesnt even interfere with the lines
Old 08-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #2829
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
But I've been in situations where that little bit of the Tg bumper sticking out past the fenders is what saved them
Old 08-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #2830
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite west coast 1st gen!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #2831
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks for the help,and how much lift did you get with the 882's,nitro chargers,and 10mm trim packers up front?
just about 3", but it's probably settled to somewhere closer to 2.75". I also have a 1" body lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj318 View Post
Hey, hows the side protection with the Tg bumper and those flares?
the protection seems to be just fine. the bumper still sticks out farther than the front part of the new fenders so I think it will work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
My favorite west coast 1st gen!
Thanks Chris! If I ever get a 2nd gen I'll be looking to yours and a couple others for inspiration.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #2832
Neighborhood Know-it-all

I just got back from Nevada where I have been working with Canguro Racing as part of their Chase Crew. We just raced the Best in the Desert - Vegas to Reno race, which is the longest offroad race in the US. Canguro Racing has moved up from their Class 5 race car (an unlimited air cooled VW based buggy) and this was our first race in the new race vehicle....a new model 200 Series Toyota Land Cruiser with 5.7L V8. We race in Class 8 (Stock Fullsize) but for this race we raced in the Sportsman class since it was the first race in the new car. We finished 2nd in Sportman but would have also finished 2nd in Class 8. What an incredible week and a totally successful race. We had a 2hr lead with approx 120 miles to go and had some suspension failure that took a while to get fixed and we got passed in the process. We still finished and came in 2nd in class. This Land Cruiser is LOTS faster than the class 5 car we've been racing. I'll share more later but here's a few photos of the new truck from the race.

If you have been following the Toyota TRD Pro Series trucks you might now that Toyota is prepping a TRD Pro Series Tundra to race the Baja 1000 in November. They will also race in the Stock Fullsize class and we'll be racing head to head against them in Baja. We're looking forward to beating the Toyota Factory Race team :P Here is a photo of the Toyota TRD Pro Tundra that was just recently completed to begin testing for Baja.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #2833
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks like fun man! I bet it was hot there!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #2835
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, did you do the BL yourself? I'm contemplating going this route... Any tips? I read good things about 4crawler so I'll probably go with them.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #2836
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyTRD View Post
Hey man, did you do the BL yourself? I'm contemplating going this route... Any tips? I read good things about 4crawler so I'll probably go with them.
Yep did it myself. Wasn't hard, just took some time. Only thing to remember is to disconnect the fuel filler neck too. That's an easy one to forget.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #2837
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha, thanks. So I guess I'll need an extension for that and steering too. Any other notes? Btw might be emailing you about rtt's sooner than i thought, wifey is getting on board with that! Just need to build me a lil rack.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #2838
Neighborhood Know-it-all

No need for a fuel filler extension. There is room to stretch it. Just need to undo the bracket inside the wheel well. You will need the spacer for the steering though.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #2839
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Light Racing UCAs finally installed after months of sitting in the garage.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #2840

Quote:
Light Racing UCAs finally installed after months of sitting in the garage.
How was the install i just got some all pro uniball ucas and im wondering if i can do it or i need to get them installed.

Products Discussed in this Thread