Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Box Rocket - 2003 TRD Doublecab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #41
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
I've seen both your truck, and your cruiser on ExPo. I love both vehicles! Excellent build
Thanks. I like both of them for different reasons. Had cruisers for a long time but I just feel at home in a truck. This is my 3rd Toyota pickup. Had an '85 flatbed, a SAS'93, and this Tacoma. All fun trucks.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #42
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Thanks. I like both of them for different reasons. Had cruisers for a long time but I just feel at home in a truck. This is my 3rd Toyota pickup. Had an '85 flatbed, a SAS'93, and this Tacoma. All fun trucks.
Yeah I understand. I am wanting an expedition vehicle to build up. I feel like I want an older cruiser, but for some reason feel I should go for a different truck instead. Those sound like sweet trucks can't go wrong with a yota
Old 11-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #43
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Yeah I understand. I am wanting an expedition vehicle to build up. I feel like I want an older cruiser, but for some reason feel I should go for a different truck instead. Those sound like sweet trucks can't go wrong with a yota

If you are looking for an expedition vehicle that's not a truck, I'd get an 80 series cruiser for sure. Best Expedition vehicle available in the US. Don't let mileage scare you. I've got 247K miles on mine.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #44
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
If you are looking for an expedition vehicle that's not a truck, I'd get an 80 series cruiser for sure. Best Expedition vehicle available in the US. Don't let mileage scare you. I've got 247K miles on mine.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm looking for. My boss has one and loves it. There is one that's for sale that I am gonna go look at. Yeah I'm not too worried about the mileage since I have heard nothing but good things from the 80 series.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #45
rickashay is on a distinguished road
rickashay's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is awesome! very functional and looks great. Not too many gold ones built up.

Does the guy in your pics with the red DC taco and RTT have a build thread? Just curious cause that truck looks great too and I was hoping to find a build on it.

Great photos!!
Old 12-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #46
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickashay View Post
Your truck is awesome! very functional and looks great. Not too many gold ones built up.

Does the guy in your pics with the red DC taco and RTT have a build thread? Just curious cause that truck looks great too and I was hoping to find a build on it.

Great photos!!
That truck is owned by Kurt Williams, owner of Cruiser Outfitters. I don't know of a specific build thread anywhere but he has quite a bit of information if you search under the username CruiserOutfit on expedition portal.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #47
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
have any plans for a front bumper?
Old 12-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #48
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Old 12-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #49
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
have any plans for a front bumper?
Probably going with this one.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #50
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
ive always been a fan of the trail gear bumpers
Old 12-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #51
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
ive always been a fan of the trail gear bumpers

I like the look, but more importantly for me it has good clearance, it's lightweight, and a good price.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #52
Screw your MPG's

Quote:
I like the look, but more importantly for me it has good clearance, it's lightweight, and a good price.
You're worried about the important stuff, but the look is just an added bonus. Looks like it would work well with your set-up.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #53
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Trail-Gear bumper was delivered yesterday. Along with some rear bumper wing supports. I think both are gonna work out great. Hoping to get the all finished up next week while I'm off work for the holidays.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #54
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
I've been interested to see what that bumper would look like on a tacoma. Can't wait to see.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #55
Screw your MPG's

Can't wait for your new additions!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #56
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Worked most of the day yesterday on the new bumper. Added some plate to the top and some light tabs and got it painted. Installed it on the truck this morning. Still need to figure out the turn signals. I think the bulb is gonna be too big to work well in the corner light. So I'm looking at other light options to go on the bumper. Might try out TG's new LED turn sigs. I really like how it turned out. TG has done a nice job with this bumper. I definitely like it better with some plate on the top.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #58
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
not normally a fan of those type accessories, u made it look good though. nice work.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #60
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
when you say it's lightweight do you have any numbers for the bumper?

Products Discussed in this Thread