Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Box Rocket - 2003 TRD Doublecab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #1161
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Haha u mad bro?
Don't call me bro.

I'm just saying it's annoying to see the same group of 8 pics two posts after the OP posted them. If your question pertained to all 8 pics then fine. but all you did was ask him what brand lights... You could have just asked him without quoting at all or quoted the last pic only...

It just clutters the forum.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #1162
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, pretty cool that you made those brackets with an angle grinder. Clean set of lights too

Edit: I'm curious to see a pic with the lights on
Old 04-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #1163
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Adam do you remember where in your leaf pack you placed the aal.. I know the long end goes toward the rear of the vehicle but I'm having trouble where at in the dakar pack the aal goes
Old 04-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #1164
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
Don't call me bro.

I'm just saying it's annoying to see the same group of 8 pics two posts after the OP posted them. If your question pertained to all 8 pics then fine. but all you did was ask him what brand lights... You could have just asked him without quoting at all or quoted the last pic only...

It just clutters the forum.
Cool story bro

Anyways!....

I may have to look into those lights, they're not a bad price compared to other HID lights...
Old 04-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #1166
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Selling your black magic head lights?

dibs!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #1167
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Clean as usual! Quick question, are you using an auxiliary fuse box? If so what kind. I figure you have something fabed up for current and future accessories. My positive terminal looks super crowded.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #1168
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
AAL goes usually on the either the very bottom leaf inbetween the overload. Or the next leaf up. Depending on the leaf pack

Long side goes towards the rear.

the aal has a flat part in the middle of it so im assuming its between the overload and the first leaf but i just wanna make sure
Old 04-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #1170
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post
Hey Adam do you remember where in your leaf pack you placed the aal.. I know the long end goes toward the rear of the vehicle but I'm having trouble where at in the dakar pack the aal goes
The AAL should be the 3rd from the top (different from other brand AAL's that are at or near the bottom of the pack). The flat section in the middle is part of the OME design. Their leaves are all flat in the center so that the bolts don't have to pull arc out of the sping when tightened. By having a flat center the ubolts can just clamp like their supposed to without changing the spring at all.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
The AAL should be the 3rd from the top.
cool thank you
Old 04-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #1172

If your still looking for fenders
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...t-fenders.html
Old 04-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #1173
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post
Selling them for local pickup
Old 04-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #1174
Neighborhood Know-it-all

fender stripes came off last night. It was a huge mod.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #1175
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post

i didnt think there was anymore that you could do to make your truck look better but gah damn, your an artist lol looks good man
Old 04-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #1176
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Adam,
Installed my 1.5 shackles and had a question for you. Mine are almost vertical like yours. At full droop I'm worried that the shackle may collapse forward. Is that something to worry about?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #1177
Neighborhood Know-it-all

I have never had an issue with my shackles inverting. Mine are not quite vertical. Your new ones look a bit more vertical than mine but you've also got brand new springs. I would get some weight in your bed and go flex them out on a trail or two. Once those springs are broken in, I think you'll have a better shackle angle.

I snapped this photo tonight of my shackles. This has the weight of the rearbumper and tire carrier, but no topper or bedrack.

And while I was outside I snapped a photo of the truck. Notice no fender stripes anymore. Was getting to many copycats.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #1179
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
i swear like all aftermarket leaf pack for your guy's years are off by like 1''. I think they need to be longer out back.

But that could just be me..
Ideally you might be right, but I have no complaints about the ride quality or the flex as is, so no reason to change it.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #1180
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i swear like all aftermarket leaf pack for your guy's years are off by like 1''. I think they need to be longer out back.

But that could just be me..
Yeah.... I agree. it's mostly the lift shackles fault though. The shackle angle would be happier with the stock shackles...

PS the lights look AWESEOME, Adam!I wanted to go with 3 on mine.. and get a yellow dustcover for the centerone

Products Discussed in this Thread