Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Box Rocket - 2003 TRD Doublecab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #1841
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly why I didn't do it on these wheels. If I even have a second set for "street" driving, I'm doing it.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #1844
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is bad ass man!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #1845
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Was that from Mineral Basin? I remember cringing from those beautiful wheels being chewed up. I need to paint mine too from that trip.
Mineral Basin was definitely part of it. Rims got jacked on that trail. Moab didn't help.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #1846
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I like that I don't even need to answer anyone's questions about my truck anymore.

So I hope you don't mind, but i am about to email power wheels and demand that they make a lil power wheels truck that resembles one of the badest tacomas ever! The "JR. Boxrocket"!! with real functioning snorkel

In my sons dreams........ lol
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #1847
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post

So I hope you don't mind, but i am about to email power wheels and demand that they make a lil power wheels truck that resembles one of the badest tacomas ever! The "JR. Boxrocket"!! with real functioning snorkel

Lol. That would be awesome!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #1848
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post

Awesome. My 4 year old son would be all over that.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #1849
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Was that from Mineral Basin? I remember cringing from those beautiful wheels being chewed up. I need to paint mine too from that trip.
Just went looking back through pics from that day. Definitely got a little rock rash from this spot.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #1850
The Snake Of Jakes
SuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
SuperJakeTheSnake's Tacoma Gallery
I've read through this build many a time and it never ceases to amaze me. Don't know why i haven't posted in here before. There's just something about it that I like, maybe it's that your truck can do a little bit of every terrain, either way amazing truck sir.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #1851
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
dang Adam those look great!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #1852
Neighborhood Know-it-all

thanks guys. I've been doing some more "cleanup" over the past few days. Gotta clean up the damage from the wheeling season before winter and rust season begins.

Today was spent removing bumpers, sanding and repainting both bumpers and swingouts. Tomorrow is sliders and hopefully skids.

Everything should be nice and pretty again soon.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #1853
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Lol. That would be awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Awesome. My 4 year old son would be all over that.

i found my boy a gravedigger power wheels..He's in heaven...but Im 100% sure he would rather have a JR Boxrocket..lol
Old 10-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #1854
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
How's the build going? Did you decide on a color?
Old 10-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #1855
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you do that before every winter season? Man that sounds exhausting lol.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #1856
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
How's the build going? Did you decide on a color?
Not much changing on the truck at this point. It's at a comfortable spot where I can just go out and use it. So mostly just maintenance at this point. As for a color, I've figured out what I want to do but it's a ways off so you won't see any repaint for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
Do you do that before every winter season? Man that sounds exhausting lol.
I didn't do it last year, but yeah usually once a year. The rock rash from trails on the bumpers and sliders and skids would turn to cancer quickly with all the road salt in the winters. It's a bit of a pain, but I do what I can to keep my truck "presentable". It's no show truck but I try to keep it as nice as I can so I use a bit of elbow grease now and then.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #1857
02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
02 TRD Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Adam ive got a question for u. i am wonderin how u made ur swing out tire carrior man. ive been thinkin about fabbin me up one. i really would like to fab one instead of buying one because they r pricey. it may be a while until i get i fab one if i decide but was wondering what all u used to do urs. what type of steel? what did u use to wrap around the frame? what hinges u used for the swing out? Thanks man!!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #1858
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Love everything youve done to the truck!! Is it your DD?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #1859
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 TRD Tacoma View Post
Adam ive got a question for u. i am wonderin how u made ur swing out tire carrior man. ive been thinkin about fabbin me up one. i really would like to fab one instead of buying one because they r pricey. it may be a while until i get i fab one if i decide but was wondering what all u used to do urs. what type of steel? what did u use to wrap around the frame? what hinges u used for the swing out? Thanks man!!
Not going to tell you all my secrets...sorry. But you can look at these from the bumper I built for Ponethousand.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post6784483

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post6819335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj318 View Post
Love everything youve done to the truck!! Is it your DD?
Yep it's a DD. 60+ miles every day.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #1860
bonafide

man i always love looking through you fabrication photos.

Products Discussed in this Thread