Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Tacomaprerunner's 2001 DC Build

Old 10-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Tacomaprerunner's 2001 DC Build

Alright, here's my build so far.

Bought her used in December 2009 with 136,212 miles on her. One owner.

Truck information - 3.4L V6, PreRunner TRD Off Road Package

Running boards and a tonneau cover were already installed.

The previous owner had removed the front mud flaps.

I left the tonneau cover and running boards on through the winter (the tonneau provided some extra weight in the back), and had 4 sixty pound sandbags in the bed for the winter.

The first change I made to the truck was the removal of the running boards.

Eventually the tonneau cover came off - I left the mounting hardware in place.

Then the infamous get-stuck-in-the-mud mod.

Hauled some rock and mulch for some projects around the house

Frame rusted through on the right side; frame replacement followed shortly thereafter

The old frame

New frame

Ordered 5100's and AAL

And here is how she sits now

Future mods:
Deck Plate
Wheels and tires
Spacers?
Suggestions?
Old 12-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
wow! the sticker on the frame is a BIT of an understatement....

looks great! now for some new rubber eh? im in the same boat as you
Old 12-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
looking good! keep us posted!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man! what are you billsteins set at height wise and are you using stock coils?
Old 12-26-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iForceTUNDRA View Post
looks good man! what are you billsteins set at height wise and are you using stock coils?
his sig says that he has the bils set on 2.5"

just throwin that out there
Old 12-26-2010, 02:17 AM   #6
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
lol i didnt even see that! running stock coils????
Old 11-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
a fellow missourian i see. nice truck
Old 11-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacoma mud's Tacoma Gallery
Heavy part.... O.o
Old 11-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Did Toyota buy the frame and install it free?

Also, have you done the deck plate mod yet? I did and i love the way it sounds when i floor it. Sound like a vacuum under the hood
Old 11-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you know what brand your fender flares are?
Old 11-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma mud View Post
Do you know what brand your fender flares are?
there stock,hes got the trd offroad package
Old 11-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #12

Could i get those fender flares from toyota? Or how else could i get them?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Could i get those fender flares from toyota? Or how else could i get them?
i would assume so not really sure. id keep your eye out for a used set iv seen them on here a couple times. they may be a pain to mount tho, you'll have to drill holes in you finders
Old 11-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #14

I cant just use the 2 sided tape?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #15

Quote:
I cant just use the 2 sided tape?
idk how long it will last, but ya it should work
Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 AM   #16
crainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant future

crainz277's Tacoma Gallery
nice..I want a new frame : ( How does it ride with the new leafs and the toytec aal. I'm thinking of getting rid of my block and putting in an aal..

Also you think you could post some pics of the leaf packs to show what kind of arch the aal gives the packs?