Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

STLharry Build v2.0

Old 10-10-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
STLharry Build v2.0

Hello and welcome! Read as much or as little as you want, but here's the build on the STLharry Truck.

Parts list (As Built)
Looks
'95.5-'97 Style front end, tailgate decal, and tail lights
Sockmonkey 'Yeti Rescue' decals
Too many stickers to count

Armour
ARB front bumper/bar
Rock sliders (NHOR Fab)
Rear tube bumper (NHOR Fab)

Suspension
King Coilovers (OEM style, set at ~2.5" lift)
OME Dakar springs
OME N85 shocks
OME hardware
NWOR greaseable shackles/spring pins
Dif Drop kit
Brake proportioning plate

Power/Drivetrain
Deckplate mod

Wheels
Goodyear Duratrac 265/75/16
Wheeler's Offroad 16" Type B Steelies

OBA
ARB CKMA12 12V Compressor
Viair 90-120PSI pressure switch
Exterior air hookup
Air kit (chucks, impact wrench, fittings, hose, etc)

Lighting
IPF rectangular H4 lenses
IPF 968DCG 100W aux lights

Work
Vanguard Ladder rack
Tool box

Accesories
Jeraco camper shell from an older pickup

This is how it started:

The new one had a few problems, like a crunchy clutch release bearing, rock sliders not cut to the correct width (stuck out too far), and the billet grille (not a fan).

First day back in VT with the truck:

First thing first...The truck needed a front end swap. The write-up for that is here.

Quality finish:

The next part I don't have pictures for, but essentially I swapped the truck's suspensions, putting OME (with new springs) into this one and putting the old stock stuff back into the old truck. A toolbox was also painted black and added to the truck. Here is the truck after the swap:

The rest of the modifications are in posts lower down.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #4
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
Hah yup. I like it more, plus I had that hideous billet grille to remove...
To be honest, I think I like the older one more to. Looks more like the pickup that I've spent so many hours drooling over in back to the future.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build, im diggin the new"er" body style with the original tacoma front end!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Man, Vermont is getting all grown up looking.

When I lived there it was so quaint.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #13
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Man, Vermont is getting all grown up looking.

When I lived there it was so quaint.
Yeah, we have a lot of development around the Burlington area. That's at a bLowe's obviously.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
Ecnerwal is on a distinguished road
Ecnerwal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblCabMN View Post
Can i get more info on your rear bumper? Tried searching for NHOR Fabrications etc. and am coming up dry...
'dija try the NHOR Fabrication link in STLharry's signature?
Old 09-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #18
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Love those early model grilles. Good lookin truck
Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #19
DblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DblCabMN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecnerwal View Post
'dija try the NHOR Fabrication link in STLharry's signature?

Now why would I do that

Skipped straight to the TW search ft. then on to Google. Oi.

I just dig the bumper, it's like TG's but low-pro which is what i'm looking for.

Does he have any plans to make more? and/or can you post pics of any more angles of it?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblCabMN View Post
Now why would I do that

Skipped straight to the TW search ft. then on to Google. Oi.

I just dig the bumper, it's like TG's but low-pro which is what i'm looking for.

Does he have any plans to make more? and/or can you post pics of any more angles of it?
Hmm...he and I made that thing 3.5 years ago but I can ask him for sure. As for the site I asked him and he hasn't exactly updated it in a while. I guess his fab work is on hold for the time being. But we designed it and he made it pretty much on the fly so I'm sure he could do it again.