Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Pktaco's Build

Old 10-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pktaco's Build

Not really a build but more of an introduction.

2003 Xtra Cab, V6 5 speed, Sr-5 and TRD package, 84K on the clock. Took me a month and a half to find her. Comments welcome!

-Mod List- as of Feb 24th, 2011
TRD Supercharger
Dynopro ATM's in 265-70-17 they rub a tiny bit but not to bad
17 inch rims that need resprayed but they were super cheap
Flowmaster 40 series
Rockfosgates in the rear Kenwoods in the frint
Kenwood Headunit
Converted Hella 35 Watt 3000K Fog lights- Thanks Muy Grande
KC Daylighters in Pencil Beam (These things are mad bright)
Powder coated Lightbar from Snobord552
Quiklift Tonneou Cover
Small Toolbox in the back that has some bailout gear

Picked up some rims July 16th. 2011

Here they are sitting in my drive way beside my truck. They need painted which I'm okay with. I would have mounted the but the tires were absolutely worthless. Not a great picture but you get the idea.

Sorry for the crappy picture its off of my cell phone, I'll take better ones once I get tires. Probably going to go with General Grabbers!

Updated Aug 5th 2011

Got some rims, not sure what brand and some Hankook Dynopros ATM RF10's

The shop had a hell of a time balancing them. Took it back twice and its still not right. So I'm going to take it some where else.

My buddy and I also welded on a Flow Master 40 series. Got the front window tint redone 35% and got the front windshield sun strip also.

Excuse the orange goop on the front tire. Not sure what happened there. Going to reshoot them black but I wanted to get the tires mounted on first.

Doing a little offroading to where my buddy and I shoot.

My switches that for the Hellas and KC Daylighters that I have mounted on my light bar. They fit perfectly no trimming required what so ever. If anyone wants the link to them let me know.

A couple shots of the lightbar. Thanks to all the members who I brought parts off of for this.

Last but not least, hold your applause to the end and make sure you catch your drool.

TRD Supercharger, which I brought for a crackhead price of $600 plus I threw in tatical light for a pistol that I never used.

Probably next on the list is to pay her off. Then either to level her out or lift her three inches. I haven't really decided yet. Sliders soon after that.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck 5spd FTW, you should add the deck plate mod to that list to.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was planning on doing a full cold air intake, just didn't word it right.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkTaco View Post
I was planning on doing a full cold air intake, just didn't word it right.
Id try the DP i mean for 7 bucks you cant beat it supposidly its just as good as a CAI but i like CAI's cause they look cool haha anyway still will be sweet however you do it!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Clean truck!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #6

^^x2.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #8
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Nice truck 5spd FTW, you should add the deck plate mod to that list to.
x2 on the deck plate mod. Though I would add a drop in afe dry filter. Easier to clean, no chance of over oiling and messing up your MAF, air flow is a very tiny bit lower.

Performance wise, a CAI will have slightly better high end number then the deck plate. Deck plate will have slightly better low end numbers. Really, a CAI is a waste of time on our trucks. Save your money and do the deck plate mod. If you really hate it, unlikely but possible, then your only out a few bucks. Plus you can just cap the deck plate up until you get a CAI, assuming you do hate it.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #9

^couldnt have said it better myself
Old 10-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
x2 on the deck plate mod. Though I would add a drop in afe dry filter. Easier to clean, no chance of over oiling and messing up your MAF, air flow is a very tiny bit lower.

Performance wise, a CAI will have slightly better high end number then the deck plate. Deck plate will have slightly better low end numbers. Really, a CAI is a waste of time on our trucks. Save your money and do the deck plate mod. If you really hate it, unlikely but possible, then your only out a few bucks. Plus you can just cap the deck plate up until you get a CAI, assuming you do hate it.
Very true.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for new rims and tires.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #12
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for new pictures and parts.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #13

Looking good man, Deffinatly of the supercharger
IMO since you wheel some id do sliders and teh lift to 2.5-3" instead of just leveling it out
Old 02-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
looks good!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
also ive got family in zanesville so you may see me up there sometime!
Cool, what are there names? Supercharger was the best money I ever spent.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cool, what are there names? Supercharger was the best money I ever spent.

there last name is wilson and they are my grandparents they live in ohio 6 months out of the year and 6 months in florida. so during the summer time they are in ohio. but my parents just moved to columbus so im sure i will be in ohio sometime soon. and i cant wait to put mine on.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #19
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's cool. I thought about moving to Columbus but I can't stand all the people. If you want to bring your S/C up here I'll help you put it on if you need any help. Where are you getting it from?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's cool. I thought about moving to Columbus but I can't stand all the people. If you want to bring your S/C up here I'll help you put it on if you need any help. Where are you getting it from?
yea, im with you on all the people, and that would be great if i could bring it up but with work i dont know when ill get time off to be able to head up plus im impacient so ill be dieing to install it, i got it from another member here on tw but im still waiting for it in the mail.