Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TacoMarotto's Build

Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
TacoMarotto's Build

Tacomarotto's Build

LINKS:

Grease Zerk points
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...ront_end/lube/

self-recovery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-recovery.html

Zombie Sticker
http://joeq.dot5hosting.com/store/page2.html

All-pro Bumper
http://www.allprooffroad.com/9504tac...04frontbumpers

Lift from Toytec lifts

-Old Ean Emu Coils
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

-Bilstein 5100 shocks

-Rear Toytec AAL

Home-made bed rack build
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gar...ack-build.html

Satoshi Wirte-up
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post5166586

Cheap replacement parts
http://www.logical-source.com/2003-TOYOTA-TACOMA.html

STOCK

this is the most stock picture i could dig up. We went out hunting and had some light trails. this was the first mud my tacoma saw.
i also had some westin tube steps in this picture. i took them off soon enough.

CHAPTER 1

I wasnt really interested in offroading at this point so the first modifications were cosmetic.
The first upgrades i made within the first few year or so.
-AVS window covers and hood protector
-AVS tail light covers
-black and chrome 16x8 pro comp alloys
-westin bull bar
-PIAA fog lights
-JVC head unit
-Pioneer 3-way speakers
-Coverking Seat covers (tan and black)

Then i discovered TTORA and also learned the tacoma's capabilities off road... although i knew i wasnt 4wd, i still understood the extra step i had with the rear locker. so i started to take my tacoma on some more trails. i did well on the trails i took it on and i had alot of fun. most of the time i would even keep up with all my 4wd buddies... ONLY if it was dry. if it was wet i was screwed.

CHAPTER 2

Now i caught the offroad bug... i bought the lift and the tires and was thirsty for more. i wanted to make my tacoma look good and could also take on some light off road trails.

The 2nd year rolled around with my truck and i added some more things
-aFe intake
-UWS tool box
-bed extender
-Cobra CB radio
-31" BFG all terrains
-the 5100 Bilstein height adjutables
-Toytec AAL with extended Bils 5100 shocks
-tinted the rear tail lights and front corners and windows
-KC reverse lights

CHAPTER 3

this is where my tacoma is now really. i didnt like the "street" mall crawler look anymore and i became envious of the stock tacomas i saw drivin around town. i missed the tacoma i had at the very beginning!!! i really wanted to take off all the stupid cosmetics and get some useful upgrades. stuff that would be more functional.
past few months of modifications/purchases:
-knock off Hilift
-ARB tow rope
-Allpro Front tube bumper
-2 shackles
-Stock tail lights
-stock corner lights
-stock head lights
-Garmin Nuvi GPS
-moved the KC lights up front.
-Rock lights
-tie downs
-800CCA battery
-Old man emu coils

here are some of the other stuffs

i stenciled in TTORA on my skid plate

brand new headlights from eagle eyes

the KC lights are mounted on the tabs that came on the bumper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OME 882s came in on june 14th!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that the glove compartment was a little lighter shade of brown than the rest of my interior so i covered it in black leather surface tape! it looks really good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the KC daytimers i had on for about a year and they were just goingto crap. they were over 15 years old!!!
so i bought some square BAJAs

I decided to make a bed rack!
i wanted it to be a a platform for the Hilift, extra gas tank, shovel, lights, and future oversived spare tire.
i also wanted it to be a quick release if i needed the truck bed for any big loads.
i drew up some designs and went to work. i spent apprx $160 on the whole project.

and here is from the weekend in BLue Ridge. BEAUTIFUL little town. i love it there. perfect place for wheeling too

more pictures to come...

Got the Ultra Gauge Set up!

MOAR STICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheeling in Winter 2010
with some guys from a club i started at my college

VORC = Valdosta Off Roading Club

For Christmas i got a little 100psi air compressor/battery jumper for air down and up out on the trails

painted flat black along with the corner lights trim

my new zombie sticker. dad got it for me its legit.

re-painted the bumper semi gloss...

i love it. its the best of both worlds.

so i got a set of

285/75/16 ProComp Muds on Toyota TRD 16" alloys w/ lugs and caps

i picked these up used from a TTORA member for $75

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

Update 1/1/2012:

Seat Covers

Hellas 500 Black Magic

Bed Rack Lights

w/ quick disconnects

Two new Stickers

Update: 6/18/2012

-De-Badged Tailgate and "SR5"
-"toyota tacoma" plasti-dipped
-Satoshi Mod
-Tint tail lights
-Clay Bar used for the first time

================================================== ==================================================

OVERALL MODIFICATIONS

**Enigine/Exhaust**
-aFe intake
-800CCA battery
-Gibson Exhaust (dumped after the axle)

**Suspension**
-OME 882s
-5100 Bilstein height adjutables (set at 0)
-Toytec AAL
-extended Bilstein 5100 shocks

**Wheels/Tires**
-black and chrome 16x8 pro comp alloys
-33" BFG all terrains

**Exterior**
-Allpro Front tube bumper
-home-made bed rack
-Baja lights mounted on bed rack
-yakima cargo basket
-Tail light gaurds
-Rock lights
-Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights
-UWS tool box
-bed extender
-AVS window covers and hood protector
-AVS tail light covers
-tinted 20% windows all around
-De-Badged Tailgate and "SR5"
-"toyota tacoma" plasti-dipped
-Satoshi Mod
-Tint tail lights

**Interior**
-Garmin Nuvi GPS
-Ultra gauge
-JVC head unit
-Pioneer 3-way speakers
-Ballistic Material Seat Covers with "TRD" embroidered
-Cobra CB radio

**Misc.**
-Hilift
-ARB tow rope
-2 shackles
-tie downs

================================================== ==================================================

FUTURE MODS:
-33s BFG km2
-Warn M8000 winch
-4wd conversion (not for a while)
-trading current wheel/tire combo for 32s on black Eagle Alloys
-ham radio
-rear tube bumper

LINKS:

Grease Zerk points
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...ront_end/lube/

self-recovery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-recovery.html

Zombie Sticker
http://joeq.dot5hosting.com/store/page2.html

All-pro Bumper
http://www.allprooffroad.com/9504tac...04frontbumpers

Lift from Toytec lifts

-Old Ean Emu Coils

-Bilstein 5100 shocks

-Rear Toytec AAL

Home-made bed rack build
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ack-build.html

Satoshi Wirte-up
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...lots-pics.html

Cheap replacement parts
http://www.logical-source.com/2003-TOYOTA-TACOMA.html
Old 10-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man really like the front bumper
Old 10-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
kick ass

Love that rack on the bed... that seems like a really good idea if you don't want a shell.

Keep kicking ass man...
Old 10-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
very nice build love the bed rack
Old 10-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for the compliments guys
Old 11-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #8

hahaha yea its been a while hasn't it robbie? how you been bro?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #9

my parents bought me tail light gaurds for my birthday... ill be putting them on soon

i know they dont provide true protection on the trails but they look badass to match the bumper and the rack

(and match the rear tube bumper soon to come)

Old 11-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
hahaha yea its been a while hasn't it robbie? how you been bro?
been good, just been working i think i might get a new bumper.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #11

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! what are you thinking about getting?
Old 11-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #12
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! what are you thinking about getting?
im not sure yet, what do you think i should get, i dont wanna spend a lot of money but ill spend between $4 to $500 give me some ideas!! o and im getting a new bumper because i hit a pole with the other one
Old 11-06-2010, 07:44 AM   #13

that sucks. howd you manage hitting a pole???

go for allpro man! we can match

no but for real, all pro is nice.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #14

Quote:
that sucks. howd you manage hitting a pole???

go for allpro man! we can match

no but for real, all pro is nice.
well i was going to work one day stopped at the gas station to get something to drink pulled into the gas station and it was really crowded and i went to park next to a big van pulled in and on the right side of the parking spot was a small poll that i could not see and it caught the bottom of my bumper and dented the metal part and the plastic lower valance
Old 11-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #15
jcmartinez17 is on a distinguished road

Name: jc
jcmartinez17's Tacoma Gallery
yakima cargo basket

hey bro sick looking truck good job,
i was looking through your build and was wondering where and how much did you get that yakima cargo basket? im thinking of putting one on top of my roof(i have a silver double cab)
Old 11-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmartinez17 View Post
hey bro sick looking truck good job,
i was looking through your build and was wondering where and how much did you get that yakima cargo basket? im thinking of putting one on top of my roof(i have a silver double cab)

i got a REALLY good deal on it acually.

in was really patient and waited for a good deal to come around on Craigslist.com

i found the the yakima basket on there for $100. they come brand new for about $350.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
well i was going to work one day stopped at the gas station to get something to drink pulled into the gas station and it was really crowded and i went to park next to a big van pulled in and on the right side of the parking spot was a small poll that i could not see and it caught the bottom of my bumper and dented the metal part and the plastic lower valance

that sucks man. sounds like my accident. i got hit by a tire shred and messed up my lower valance piece and the metal...

hope it works out for you. are you going to file an insurance claim?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #18

Quote:
that sucks man. sounds like my accident. i got hit by a tire shred and messed up my lower valance piece and the metal...

hope it works out for you. are you going to file an insurance claim?
no ill just pay for another one out of my pocket.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #19

updated with the birthday
Old 11-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #20
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
man you got an awwwesome truck! did you put videos of your truck on youtube of you drifting in a parking lot and doing donuts in a parking lot with the locker engaged? if so i gotta say you that drift was good lol cause the truck looked similar to yours cause of the rims but im not sure