Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

pdx lifted taco

Old 11-01-2010, 01:39 AM   #1
monster taco in the snow
pdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud of

Name: coty
pdxwhiteout's Tacoma Gallery
pdx lifted taco

bought my taco about a year ago now. after looking for a clean low miles v6 for a long time i finally found it. had just over 50k on it and the best part(my opinion) was that it already had fabtechs 6 inch lift kit, which was going to be my first upgrade. the truck is in awesome condition and i couldn't wait to start putting my own touches on it.

first things first, it really needed tires!! the bfg m/t's that it had were worn out bad. i spend a lot more time driving in the snow, going up mt hood to board, than in the mud so i switched to some bfg a/t. 37/12.5r17

next i had some repairs to do. as a lot of you may know, this lift kit can be rough on the upper ball joints and wheel bearings and mine had been no exception. so it was replacement time.

so now time for some fun!!!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #2
monster taco in the snow
pdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud of

took it out to a small trail just out side my home town while paying a visit to the fam....

ahhh best money i ever spent
Old 11-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
monster taco in the snow

this was actually just before the previous photos, blacking out emblem and flat blacking grill.

also put some fresh flat black on the bumper...

and slapped on the only sticker that will go on this truck....

^^^^my co-captain with me on a trip to the liquor store^^^^^

rear diff breather time...

well thats all for now boys. a lot more still to come. ordering up some goodies from our good friends at allpro off-road. some trail armor, diff drop kit, ect. so ill have more to post soon. any comments or ideas are more than welcome!!!! but for now time for drinks. be easy
Old 11-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
JLamb11 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jared
JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I bought mine used also, nice to let someone else invest
Old 11-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck
Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
mcguire is on a distinguished road

Name: andrew
mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
very nice truck ! Hows the fabtech ride quality?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
monster taco in the snow

you know i get asked about the ride quality of the lift a lot and really it rides really nice!!! they make a very good product and compared to my friends stock 04 taco i would even say it rides just as nice if not better. people are always surprised when they ride with me that a lifted truck feels so smooth
Old 11-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
NorCal52 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Eddie
NorCal52's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man. whats that thing get on gas??
Old 11-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a body lift also?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
monster taco in the snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal52 View Post
nice truck man. whats that thing get on gas??
thanks bro, not good lol. about 11mpg in the city but it does a lot better on the highway at about 18mpg.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #11
monster taco in the snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
do you have a body lift also?
yeah, have never really been a fan of body lifts. in fact when i bought it i planned to pull it out but i fell in love with tire size which wouldn't fit with out so i decided to keep it through the first set and make up my mind when it came time to replace them again. but i will be keeping it because it sits so nice, gets lots of compliments, and like i said earlier it rides awesome so i dont see the point in down sizing
Old 11-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #12
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Did you buy it off eBay from Colorado?
Old 11-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
monster taco in the snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post
Did you buy it off eBay from Colorado?
nope, got it right here in portland...
Old 11-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #14
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Cool man, I was just wondering because I almost bought a truck off ebay in Colorado, that looked identical
Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #15
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tyler
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Sick build man! Nice to see another oregonian doing it up big.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #16
monster taco in the snow

thx p....
Old 02-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #17
monster taco in the snow

some new goodies!!! x-jack, portable air compressor and pro comp wheel for the full size spare.....
Old 04-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #18
monster taco in the snow

upgrade time!!!!! removed the fabtech aal and 5" blocks.

installed 5" lift springs from all pro off road

what an awesome improvement!!!!! smoother ride, more flex and reduces axle warp. these things just soak up everything.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #19
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #20
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Im jealous! haha

I hate that they discontinued the Fabtech lift for the 1st Gens. Thats great that your spending money on things that improve the truck first, rather than jumping on aesthetically pleasing parts and running into trouble down the road.

Rep to you.