1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TEARING DOWN THE 97...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by WASTE MANAGEMENT, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Nov 5, 2010 at 9:44 PM
    WASTE MANAGEMENT

WASTE MANAGEMENT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Umatilla Florida
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma 4x4 3.4 w/5 speed
    new 31x10.5 tires, mag wheels, drilled rotors, new sound, and a cb.
    I pulled a car on a car dolly the other day, a tire blew out and the car passed me. In the prosses the car made contact with the drivers side of my truck and made a bend in it. So I figured what better time than now to repaint it. I searched high and low and while out of town I located a good bed, but had no way to get it home. I got a good deal on the bed so I put it up side down on top of my bed and strapped it down for the 70 or so mile drive home. You should have seen the looks I got. I want to do most of the work myself so I started pulling parts to prep for the repaint.
    This is what I started with...
    [​IMG]

This is what started this thing
    [​IMG]
    And this is what it looks like after I took it apart. I sanded and primed the back of the cab so I can paint it before i put the new bed on. I still need to prime and paint the front of the bed too.
    [​IMG]
    This is where the interior was.
    [​IMG]
    And a pic of the new bed.
    [​IMG]
    I'm doing a lot of prep cause im changing the color. If i was going black I would have just sanded it and shot some new paint, I'm going to powder coat the bumpers and repowder the brush guard before I put it back together. I'm replacing a lot of stuff while im at it. I have taken a bunch of pictures, I will post more later today, if you guys want to see them.
    So let me know what you think...

2. Nov 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    Pig Punisher

Pig Punisher Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dearing ,ga
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 sr5, 99 4x4 trd
    Walker Evans coilovers, 285/75/16 km2's, Allpro tube bumper, Warn m8000, custom spare tire carrier, rear bumper work in progress: the 99; tec one coilovers 32" km1's on 17" stock chevy steelies, 1.5" rear shackles
    Update? How are things coming along? Can't wait to see the new color.

Products Discussed in

To Top