Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Lennys Box Rocket copy

Old 12-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
lennys is on a distinguished road

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Lennys Box Rocket copy

Well some what OME 882 ft kit AAL rear,deck mod,gray wire mod,with procomp wheels and 32x11.50r15 BFG AT KOs.Magna flow,trail gear slider,and a roof top tent for the back is on its way.Went Coyote hunting with it on sunday and it works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Lennys Box Rocket copy-d-taco-1.jpg   Lennys Box Rocket copy-d-taco-2.jpg   Lennys Box Rocket copy-new-taco.jpg  
Old 12-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man keep it up
Old 12-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #3

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Put the trail gear sliders on and not really liking them,hard to get in and not really sure i like them
Old 12-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennys View Post
Put the trail gear sliders on and not really liking them,hard to get in and not really sure i like them
You'll get used to them. When I first put my sliders on I felt like they were in the way getting in and out of the truck. But that was because I was used to not having any sliders. Now that mine have been on for several months, I don't even notice them. Just about any slider will have the same affect. Remember they are for trail protection. You'll be glad you have them after the first time you REALLY need them.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Post up some pics of how your sliders are mounted. You might be able to shorten the legs a little and pull the sliders in tighter to the body so they don't stick out so far. That might keep them out of the way a little better.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #6

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
I think im going to bring them in 1 1/2 inchs
Attached Thumbnails
Lennys Box Rocket copy-taco-sliders.jpg  
Old 12-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #7
Pig Punisher is on a distinguished road

Pig Punisher's Tacoma Gallery
They don,t look like they stick out that far from the pic. Truck looks great BTW.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:

Yeah, doesn't look bad at all to me. Looks about the same as mine. Maybe give it a little time before you cut 'em down. If you do, it will probably work fine. I have a set of trail-gear sliders on my land cruiser too and the main bar of the slider is directly under the rocker near the pinch weld, so at least an inch or two closer to the truck than how I have them on the Tacoma. Still works fine but I have better door protection on the Tacoma with them out a little farther.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #9
Neighborhood Know-it-all

BTW, Lunar Mist Metallic is my favorite Tacoma color. Good looking truck.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #10

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys,I have a ARB roof top tent on the way,going to make a bed rack like yours but in tube not box steal.Box Rocket were doing a Baja trip for Chrismas and New years,San Quintin,Bay of LA,San Francito,Back to Gonzaga bay then to San Felipe for New Years if you or any one is up for a great adventure,we did it last year all the way to Mulje just a little to far to much traveling not enought R&R.
Attached Thumbnails
Lennys Box Rocket copy-img_3676.jpg  
Old 12-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #11

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Heres acouple more
Attached Thumbnails
Lennys Box Rocket copy-img_3565.jpg   Lennys Box Rocket copy-img_3573.jpg   Lennys Box Rocket copy-img_3596.jpg  
Old 12-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #12

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
couple more,cant wate
Attached Thumbnails
Lennys Box Rocket copy-img_3503.jpg   Lennys Box Rocket copy-img_3523.jpg   Lennys Box Rocket copy-img_3612.jpg  
Old 12-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #13
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Thanks guys,I have a ARB roof top tent on the way,going to make a bed rack like yours but in tube not box steal.Box Rocket were doing a Baja trip for Chrismas and New years,San Quintin,Bay of LA,San Francito,Back to Gonzaga bay then to San Felipe for New Years if you or any one is up for a great adventure,we did it last year all the way to Mulje just a little to far to much traveling not enought R&R.
Thanks for the invite. I'm gonna have to pass though. Already deep into the holiday plans for the year. Hope you have a great trip.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #14
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sliders look good man I like them!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #15

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Cut the sliders back 2' today, Now I like them.Will post pic as soon as I get the bed rack built,the ARB rooftop tent came in today ,Ill be bending tubing tomarrow.Should have it Baja ready by this weekend.Hey Box Rocket how much did your ft end settle with the OME kit,Mine has droped 1/2 to 9/16 of and inch.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #16

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Well the rack and roof top it done
Attached Thumbnails
Lennys Box Rocket copy-taco-sleeper-1.jpg   Lennys Box Rocket copy-taco-sleeper-2.jpg  
Old 12-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #17
Neighborhood Know-it-all

cool. let's see some close-ups of the rack.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #18
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Are those all GSP's? Two of them look like they need a nap haha. Im thinking about getting a GSP pretty soon here. You obviously like the breed a lot eh?

Sweet truck btw.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #19

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
heres one more ill take some close ups of the rack,its 1inch cromoly tube 095 wall we made it as lite as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Lennys Box Rocket copy-taco-sleeper-3.jpg  
Old 12-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #20

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
Are those all GSP's? Two of them look like they need a nap haha. Im thinking about getting a GSP pretty soon here. You obviously like the breed a lot eh?

Sweet truck btw.
They are great dogs, u have to let them out as pups around the house so they dont take off or jump fences and if you get one that has separation problems they will chew EVERYTHING,ive picked every GSP ive ever had by using a fishing pole with a pigion feather tied about three feet off the end,just throw the feather on the ground and see witch one points on it,a good dog will just freeze and not move,that how i pick them.