Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

davestaco's build

Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
davestaco's build

well I have had my tacoma for almost 4 months now, and I am just starting to figure out what i wanna do. I have not done much to it yet, but I figured I would start my build now so I dont have to back-track later. I bought this 2000 tacoma trd 4x4 5spd v6 with 125000 miles for $6000. I even sold my beloved jeep so i could have this truck! I plan on some lift, wheels, tires, and plenty of interior mods. Pics will be posted as I go.
Attached Thumbnails
davestaco's build-0905001746.jpg   davestaco's build-0907001547a.jpg   davestaco's build-0907001547.jpg  
Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck, lift it!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
cant wait to see the mods! Nice truck
Old 01-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Where in Va are you located? Its a clean truck, look forward to spending all your money on her. lol
Old 01-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Where in Va are you located? Its a clean truck, look forward to spending all your money on her. lol
im in dinwiddie va
Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #6

thanks for the kind words guys! i just changed the tranny fluid yesterday. My guess is that it was never changed so its first change was at the 133k mark. I will be doin my rear and front diff and transfer case next....then we will be on to lift!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by davestaco View Post
im in dinwiddie va
I just moved from Dinwiddie Va to Western North Carolina in June. Theres quite a few on here from Dinwiddie. Small world huh.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I just moved from Dinwiddie Va to Western North Carolina in June. Theres quite a few on here from Dinwiddie. Small world huh.
ya man there are old tacos every where in dinwiddie......i need to get some tacoma world cards hahaha
Old 01-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #9
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
love the color !
Old 01-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #10
dmz1241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
dmz1241's Tacoma Gallery
haha you know what they say about owning a Jeep?
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket....

Most likely going to be the same with your new taco! Enjoy!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz1241 View Post
haha you know what they say about owning a Jeep?
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket....

Most likely going to be the same with your new taco! Enjoy!
haha i loved that jeep......but the taco was just to tempting hahaha hope fully ill be doin some stuff to the taco soon so ill be able to post pics and all the good stuff haha
Old 01-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #12

dmz1241's Tacoma Gallery
yeah one of my friends has a jeep and he kinda made the jeep thing grow on all my other friends so i decided to go with the taco just to be different. still love jeeps though. really fun vehicle when the doors and top are off!

here is my friends jeeps. 4" rough country lift with m/ts.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Well, I think we all know what kind of 4x4 Barbie drives.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #14

Quote:
yeah one of my friends has a jeep and he kinda made the jeep thing grow on all my other friends so i decided to go with the taco just to be different. still love jeeps though. really fun vehicle when the doors and top are off!

here is my friends jeeps. 4" rough country lift with m/ts.
I had a cherokee and was working on 5.5 inches or so of lift with long arms and 35s
Old 01-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #15

dmz1241's Tacoma Gallery
yeah im more of a Cherokee guy myself if i ever got rid of my truck, which wont happen willingly though haha.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #16

Quote:
yeah im more of a Cherokee guy myself if i ever got rid of my truck, which wont happen willingly though haha.
hahaha i know what you mean.....
Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #17

i found the wheels i want!