Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

tacomazach's double cab build

Old 02-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
tacomazach's double cab build

I got a new-to-me truck. Finally have a 4wd instead of just a prerunner.

It's an 02 double cab 4x4 TRD
144,000 miles
I'm pretty excited

Plans are to build it as an expedition/overland rig while keeping it a daily driver. I have a lot of plans and Ideas but this will be a very slow build. Saturday I plan on switching the rims and tires from my green truck to the silver one. I also hope to pull the spacer lift and aal and switch it over to the silver to give me some room until I can afford some coilovers.

Mods to date:
Bed:
Removed toolbox
removed plastic bedliner
camper top
Bed storage system
relocated cb antenna

Inside:
aftermarket cd player in dash
cb in dash
2m radio (not installed yet)
hardwired gps

Other:
relocated rear diff breather
gray wire mod
2 low mod
debadged

Future plans:
Armor:
Trailgear sliders
Front Bumper (some type of plate bumper)
Rear Bumper (most likely custom with tire swing away)
Skids of some sort

Bed:
custom basket on top of camper
fresh water tank under bed

Suspension:
OME 882s up front
custom leafs
bilstein 5125s in rear
u-bolt flip kit

Inside:
replace all stock speakers
12 volt power inverter

Other:
cut exhaust pipe for clearance
Dual battery setup
on board air with air tank

I'm sure there is more but that is all I can think of as of 9/11/11
Old 02-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Cruisen GA
TRDguy is on a distinguished road

TRDguy's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice...good luck with the switch overs. Looks like you'll have fun projects for next few years.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguy View Post
Very nice...good luck with the switch overs. Looks like you'll have fun projects for next few years.
nah just one project. once I get the stuff off the green truck I plan on selling it to pay for the majority of the silver one. I love that truck, just can't afford to keep up two trucks
Old 02-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #6

Got the ugly running boards taken off to give a little more clearance

Got the cb mounted in its temporary spot. eventually I will get one mounted in the dash under a cd player. got the antenna mounted on the passenger side. I'd rather have it centered but the way the toolbox was on the inside it was impossible. It looks crooked but its just bent back under the carport.

Also did the gray wire mod. very simple easy and effective.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man, glad to see you finally got hte one you wanted and why wouldnt the antenna work in the middle? i centered my bolts on the antenna mount around that lil bar that runs from each handle and it doesnt effect it...maybe yours is different but Good Luck w/ build and swap!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #8

that little bar had a guard that went all the way around it and was about two inches thick and at a weird angle. If I got some real long bolts I guess it could be possible. But I wanted it done today lol. I might do a little wheeling with a guy after we swap the stuff tomorrow so I needed it in.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomazach View Post
that little bar had a guard that went all the way around it and was about two inches thick and at a weird angle. If I got some real long bolts I guess it could be possible. But I wanted it done today lol. I might do a little wheeling with a guy after we swap the stuff tomorrow so I needed it in.
oh gotcha, guess that the difference between tractor supply toolbox and UWS. but hey it works, thats all that matters.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
oh gotcha, guess that the difference between tractor supply toolbox and UWS. but hey it works, thats all that matters.
Got that right! the one on my green truck didn't even have a brand!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #11

I have a good girlfriend that followed me in the green truck to a buddy's house to work on the swap.

The green truck is now back to stock.

and the silver one looks a million times better. It now has a 2.5" spacer and aal. I know its not the best but this is just temporary.

and my girlfriend and I have coordinating vehicles.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #13

Looks great man!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #14

Thanks guys! I think it turned out pretty good! at least for now anyways.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #15
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man it looks really good with the wheels on it now
Old 02-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #16
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 02-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #17

Wheels are awesome on that silver, wish mine would hurry up and get here. Now its time for some sliders and bumpers!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #18
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wheels are awesome on that silver, wish mine would hurry up and get here. Now its time for some sliders and bumpers!
what wheels you going with?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
what wheels you going with?
XD Enduro's 16x8 w/ 285/75/16
Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #20
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
XD Enduro's 16x8 w/ 285/75/16
nice those will look good, i need to get new wheels. i got mine for 25$ from a friend a couple years ago and just painted them black