Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Jason's Long Travel Toy Taco

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #2461
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
They actually are "suspension" seats. For lack of a better description, there's a web of bungy cords suspending the driver as opposed to springs. It's much more effective in reducing felt impact on the passengers.
I'll be building my own custom low profile seat sliders to keep my head away from the cage.
Dropping hints like nobody's business
Old 04-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #2462
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
Dropping hints like nobody's business
It's not a matter of "if," it's a matter of "when."
Old 04-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #2463
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Finally finished up with the CB install. Ended up welding a tab to the back of my bedcage for the antenna.
Got the spring and the quick detach, along with both a 2' and a 4' Firestick. 2' for daily driving and short range (still fits in the garage) and 4' for events/longer range. I got under 1.1 on the SWR meter for the 4', not quite as glamorous with the 2', but it'll do.

Also prepping for the front locker. Moved the compressor switch to the left of the steering wheel in the factory diff lock location and put the front locker switch next to the rear locker.

The 4 runner battery was on it's last leg after 6.5 years. It failed a load test so I swapped the Red Top into the runner. I picked up a Die Hard Platinum for the Taco.

And lastly...in prep for the engine cage, the air box is going bye-bye, so I got a AFE. Went ahead and installed it as well. Pre-filter will be here on Tuesday.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #2464
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like your arm is all healed up haha. Shit looks clean man. I'm going to have to start finding spots for new switches and a place to mount my CB. I got one that's a tiny bit bigger than yours just so I could sit and listen to the weather channels. Did you mount the PA horn yet?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #2465
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Clean, as usual. I definitely like your CB location better than the side of the passenger footwell option. A friend did that in his Wrangler and I'm always smacking my leg against it.

It'll be interesting to see how the Sears AGM holds up to the abuse.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #2466
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
looks tite! bout time you got a cb
Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #2467
Hockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to all
Name: Kaleb
Hockeyman90's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck man. Looks awesome
Old 04-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #2468
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
Looks like your arm is all healed up haha. Shit looks clean man. I'm going to have to start finding spots for new switches and a place to mount my CB. I got one that's a tiny bit bigger than yours just so I could sit and listen to the weather channels. Did you mount the PA horn yet?
Far from healed. ROM is slowly coming back but I have no strength in my shoulder. I can't even lift a phone strait armed. Still doing most things left handed so it takes 3 times as long to do it.
Yes I mounted the PA. It's up front kinda half behind the skid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Clean, as usual. I definitely like your CB location better than the side of the passenger footwell option. A friend did that in his Wrangler and I'm always smacking my leg against it.

It'll be interesting to see how the Sears AGM holds up to the abuse.

I did end up putting the external speaker on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel. You can kinda see it in the bottom of the picture above.
Die Hard Platinum = Odyssey > Optima
I have the big ass Platinum in my Tundra. Best battery ever, but it's 75 lbs. Don't need that big of a battery in the Taco especially with the plan to relocate it to the bed anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
looks tite! bout time you got a cb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman90 View Post
Sweet truck man. Looks awesome
Thanks.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #2470
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Holy fuck man. How the hell did you get a wrench on the motor mount?? I can't seem to get a wrench to fit for shit.
Which side? Frame side or block side?
Frame side is easy. Two nuts/bolts on each side, easy access from under the truck.
Block side...kind of a bitch. Can't use a wrench there, need a stubby socket and ratchet. I went through the fenderwell. Driver's side is harder than the passenger.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #2471
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Cb install Jason. I've got the same radio and a 2' firestik for around town and a 5 foot for trips. The 2 foot swr was tricky to tune down. The 5 footer is real nice, but it's 5 feet lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #2472
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Which side? Frame side or block side?
Frame side is easy. Two nuts/bolts on each side, easy access from under the truck.
Block side...kind of a bitch. Can't use a wrench there, need a stubby socket and ratchet. I went through the fenderwell. Driver's side is harder than the passenger.
Yea..bitch no doubt.

And stubby socket huh?? Is that a smaller one then a normal socket I'm assuming??

And you talking about the 4 14mm bolts on the block right?

I'm gonna try just taking the wheels off. Think that'll help me a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Nice Cb install Jason. I've got the same radio and a 2' firestik for around town and a 5 foot for trips. The 2 foot swr was tricky to tune down. The 5 footer is real nice, but it's 5 feet lol.
I haz 5' love it
Old 04-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #2473
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea..bitch no doubt.

And stubby socket huh?? Is that a smaller one then a normal socket I'm assuming??

And you talking about the 4 14mm bolts on the block right?

I'm gonna try just taking the wheels off. Think that'll help me a lot.
Stubby socket, as in not a deep socket. Normally socket sets are broken down into regular/stubby and deep, as depicted below.
As for the 4 14mm bolts on the block...no. That's the bracket the motor mount connects to. There's a single (17mm IIRC) bolt that connects the motor mount to the bracket on the block.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #2476
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
You just need to hurry and heal so I can make the trip up there
Old 04-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #2477
The Mad Scientist

Again, more prep for Moab. Re-working shit up front.
TC completely under rated wheel travel. I drilled out a hole in my core support for the UCA uniball bolt. Shock is the limiting factor both up and down. 13" of wheel travel my ass. You can do the math yourself. TC FTW

Bump

Not a funny tape measure

Droop

Old 04-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #2478
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
swapped around some of your pics...but i think we get the idea...

i'd take that anyday
Old 04-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #2479
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
you haz two working arms again?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #2480
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
swapped around some of your pics...but i think we get the idea...

i'd take that anyday
Oh you noticed that did ya
One handed ninja is not fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
you haz two working arms again?
Negative. I'm t-rexing with the right.

Products Discussed in this Thread